External text editor support & syntax highlighting

I just found out by casually googling that a syntax highlighting extension exists for Visual Studio Code.

That’s a great resource. I’m not sure where to look for any other text editors or code IDEs supporting TiddlyWiki. I’m not talking about syntax highlighting within TiddlyWiki itself, though that endeavor may be related in various ways. I’m just referring to the use of external text editors to view maybe edit TiddlyWiki XML code—which to be fair isn’t a standard use case. Doing so is convenient for me sometimes.

So, we have syntax highlighting in VS code. Any others? I’m surprised nothing is found when searching for TiddlyWiki in Sublime Text’s Package Control. Is there anything out there for Atom? Vim?

I think a barrier to this is the file extension and perhaps other conventions which might need to be defined by the text editors. This might be hard to do because viewing TiddlyWiki XML code in external editors is not the typical workflow.

If I am not mistaken, Notepad++ also has a TiddlyWiki syntax highlighter created by a community member. As far as Atom or Vim/Neovim, I’m not sure.

1 Like

Yes, here:

This topic would be good to turn into a wiki page to collect these tools in one place.

There are also browser add ons that allow the current text edit field to be opened in an external editor.

I found that there was an Atom syntax package for TiddlyWiki. Of course, Atom is now sunset, but I’m still using it.

As far as Atom or Vim/Neovim, I’m not sure.

And now I’ve just tried one of two extant plugins for vim, the one by dnebauer which is a fork of the earlier one by sukima.