Draggable Resizable Tiddler: Ask to Maintain/Update Plugins

Mentat is a great plugin with dockable/draggable/resizable tiddlers. It is a pity that, it is not maintained anymore!

It has some plugins can be used separately like

• Repopup
  • Volant
  • Volant-rapid

Most of the core is written in JS.

Unfortunately it does not work with TiddlyWIki 5.2.7.

It would be much appreciated if in community a volunteer with JS knowledge could update it! I noticed the plugins overwrite some core tiddlers. For example Volant overwrites $:/core/ui/EditTemplate, $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate

Mentat was great - but very special.
Rethinking this it would be great to have the functionality to drag resize and dock Tiddlers using the layout feature - and perhaps a little more modular and leightweight.

If these need changes there are plenty of ways to do this conditionally without editing core tiddlers, using cascades or alternative config tiddler values. TiddlyWiki is always evolving.

Yes, these three plugins shall work to have dockable draggable tiddlers! Volant only can be used to have resizabale/draggable tiddlers.

It seems some user classes wrap the whole tiddler! So it is required to touch those core templates! I know you can have custom view/edit template using cascades in TW 5.2.7, but it seems they don’t work here!

The working version of Mentat and Volant are on TW 5.1.19. The edit/view templates in 5.2.7 are different from 5.1.19 that is one of the reasons behind RSD when you import Volat or Mentat to 5.2.7

I use a minimal version of Mentat but it works with 5.1.19 only!

img_290_msedge

Hi @simon
Is it possible to host/share a TW 5.1.19 on tiddlyhost? (like the above example wiki)

See working edition in 5.2.7 here

Volantis Edition: A Repack of Volant for TiddlyWiki 5.2.7 - Showcase - Talk TW

5 Likes

Hi @Mohammad.
This great! Thanks for repairing this important plugin.
I would need a back to the river button in the voland commands. Did I miss something?
(Or is it juust the problem that the storyriver does not move anymore and the Tiddlers are invisibly stacked…?)
Where are the volant locations stored? Is it possible to store an entire tableau, like in multicolumn?

Three other features to make it perfect:

• The possibility to scale a tiddler together with the tiddlercontent.
  • The possibility to zoom the viewport to a tiddler
  • The possibility to cycle through zooms (like in prezi)

@atronoush , You could mark this as a solution!

1 Like

I would need a back to the river button in the voland commands. Did I miss something?
(Or is it juust the problem that the storyriver does not move anymore and the Tiddlers are invisibly stacked…?)

That is an issue to be addressed! You are right they stacked over each other!

Where are the volant locations stored? Is it possible to store an entire tableau, like in multicolumn?

Config tiddler stores location! One config per tiddler!

Three other features to make it perfect:

• The possibility to scale a tiddler together with the tiddlercontent.
  • The possibility to zoom the viewport to a tiddler
  • The possibility to cycle through zooms (like in prezi)

Good suggestions! Not all, but most of these should be addressed through the JS code! I will have a look (while I know little JS -:frowning: )

1 Like