Drag-and-Drop Doesn't Populate Plugin List

It just simply won’t let me add any plugins (edit: past a certain point.)

Browser: Edge
TW version: 5.2.1.

Which version of Edge?

Welcome

More info please.

Are you using the import, more plugins or drag and drop. If so what do you see?

Or “not see” when you do the same with a regular file or tiddler.

Have you access to any other browser and does it work there.

Can you save the wiki ? Many plugins need save and reload.

What is the save method you are relying on?

Never mind, but thanks anyway.

If it is that complicated and easy to break, it is unreliable. It is sad that was not always so.

I will just skip the plugins or find something else if the base functionality is insufficient.

Thanks again.

“If it ain’t broke…”

@Moe_Gibbs

The reason I asked for more information is I have never seen this occur, it should not be occurring. You provided too little information for us to help you, which we are very happy to do.

With all due respect I think you are making a false assumption. Thus with just a little more info I expect we can solve your problem.

It is not complicated and easy to break, it is not unreliable!

The key thing is

can you save your Wiki?

if so install or drop plugin on your wiki, save and reload.

If the save is not working the plugins will not be their on reload.

Do what you want, but I would suggest your “conclusion is incorrect”.

If you want to go it alone perhaps try tiddlyhost.com online site, private or public, because these can save online “out of the box”.

Again feel free to ask for help.

1 Like

Post script,

One way on windows is to download you r wiki file eg empty.html, rename it yourname.hta and double click to open. It will save, and let you play, but is has a few limitations, such as you cant use the browser features as it runs in a window and on legacy IE support.

Tones

1 Like

Hi @Moe_Gibbs

Could your problem be related to this one ?

If so have a look at the workaround I posted below:

2 Likes

Yes, it could be. It reads similarly but not the same.

I successfully imported multiple plugins, but then I ran into a series where the import tiddler opens with zero content.

Also, yes, I can save and reload, which imports nothing, so at least that corresponds with what the import tiddler shows, namely, nothing (else).

Thank you for your response; this looks like a “wait for an update” situation.

TW is great, but, again, the more complicated the thing, the more likely it is to break. I will KISS and stick to official, time-tested plugins for now unless they are insufficient.

Thanks, again.

So @Moe_Gibbs I see from your last post that;

Now we may be able to help, because this is the first real clue as to what is broken. I imagine you can’t import any tiddler let alone plugins.

This is most likely the “Import process that is not working for you”, I have seen this before and perhaps others can suggest a solution. If you can share a wiki thats doing this publicly or privately, perhaps one of us can fix it for you.

There are a few tiddlers involved with the import process that could have being overwritten and has broken the import process. I am sure a new empty.html would not have the problem.

Try and find overwritten system / shadow tiddlers

• Backup your wiki
  • If you go to Advanced Search > Shadows > search for “import”
    • Now look through the list of shadows tiddlers, and that have been edited or changes will be listed differently.
    • This may help you detect an import related tiddler that has being changed/corrupted. You can then delete a shadow to restore it to the original.

Thanks, but, as I wrote, I will stick to core and official for now; I have already spent hours on this that I will not get back, and I do not want to lose more gambling on added instability.

Thanks again.