Import drag and drop no longer works

I have used TW5 for many years, but lately the import feature no longer works as I expect it to.

From one TW5.html file to another, I am used to dragging the tiddler title from the sidebar onto the other wiki’s tab in Firefox, hesitating a moment, and dropping onto the new wiki when a green highlight bar shows. At this point, I expect the import tiddler to show me what will be brought in, and requesting a confirmation from me.

Now, the import tiddler opens, with no visible result. If i try to edit the Import tiddler, I see the intended contents. Do i need to change the Import tiddler’s “type”? Right now it autopopulates: “application/json”.

Thanks in advance.

What browser, browser vsn, OS, TW vsn are you using?

Chrome has been periodically having this kind of problem on some platforms.

Apologies, I am using: FireFox 97.0.1 (64 bit), on Mac OS (Monterey) 12.2.1 on an Apple MacBook Pro.

All TW5 files have been updated to 5.2.1, but the same problem occurs with older wikis moving to a version 5.2.1 wiki.

Can you confirm that the same problem occurs on tiddlywiki.com, dragging over a link from tiddlywiki.com/prerelease ?

@saqimtiaz I should have tried that sooner.

It works with Tiddlywiki.com and the prerelease - so somehow I have corrupted my own import feature…

No wonder people weren’t complaining about the loss of this function.

Not sure where to go next.

Have you used the Projectify plugin? it’s some macros will lead the feature doesn’t work. You can still import the file, it just doesn’t have the visual effect.

I noticed the same problem occurring when a plugin or code modifies the ViewTemplates.
Since v5.2.1 the cascades mechanism has changed the way ViewTemplates work, so old code can break post 5.2.1 tiddlywikis.

I came up with a workaround : create a new tiddler and paste this code in it:

{{$:/Import||$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/body/import}}

It should allow you to import your files.

@oeyoews I do not have the Projectify plugin (but will look it up)

@tw-FRed Thank you - this worked, and in a funny way. I loaded your text above into a tiddler titled “Import fix”, and had multiple red modal windows pop up, but import worked. Then I noticed that import started working on all my wikis (even the ones that had not seen the new tiddler). Thank you for the recommendation!