Donut Chart in Tiddlywiki with Animation

Referring to (Simple Progress Pie Chart in TiddlyWiki) for creating pie chart in Tiddlywiki without JS and great comments from @Alvaro , @pmario and @sobjornstad here is a new solution for creating Donut Chart using simple SVG, CSS and TW macro.

This new solution is based on the great job by Jan Verstraete (https://codepen.io/janverstr/pen/PvPoaV)

How to use

1. download attached JSON donutchart.json (3.1 KB)

2. drag and drop into your wiki (for test use https://tiddlywiki.com/)

3. open the Donut Chart Example. See examples and edit as you like.

To create a new donut chart just call the macro as below

<<donut-chart "pct" "label" "color">>

You can edit the stylesheet and remove the maximum width and create chart with customized size!

Example 1

img_464_%pn

Example 2

The following example uses the macrocall widget so you can pass calculated parameters to the donut-chart macro.

This will return the percentage of all standard tiddlers changed since the wiki was last loaded.

<$vars 
total-tiddlers={{{ [!is[system]count[]] }}}
hascanged-tiddlers={{{ [haschanged[]count[]] }}} 
>
<$macrocall $name=donut-chart pct={{{ [<hascanged-tiddlers>divide<total-tiddlers>fixed[4]multiply[100]] }}}  label="tiddlers changed" color=green/>
</$vars>

Remarks

• This is a wiki post, interested user, edit and improve!
  • Rev 2 (Sep 2nd, 2021) modified to support Firefox
6 Likes

I did import it to tiddlywiki.com in FireFox and it doesn’t work. It shows 100% rings on all elements.

@pmario - I tested on Opera, Chrome and Edge all worked!
[Sep 2nd, 2021] I have revised the code to support Firefox. See Rev 2 of Donut Chart!

The reason was Firefox does not support calc() in SVG! While Chrome, Edge and Opera support this method!

3 Likes

The new version seems to work with FF now. - Looks nice!

2 Likes

A question of precision

To simplify the discussion, I will give the corresponding numerical code directly and show the results.

<$macrocall 
$name=donut-chart 
pct={{{ [[2]divide[7]fixed[2]multiply[100]] }}}  
label="test" 
color=green/>

The above went wrong.Change the precision to 1 and it works.

<$macrocall 
$name=donut-chart 
pct={{{ [[2]divide[7]fixed[1]multiply[100]] }}}  
label="test" 
color=green/>

Can anyone tell me what this is about? What should I do to fix it? Keeping the accuracy to 2 is more accurate, keeping it to 1, on the contrary, is less accurate.

Hi @dongrentianyu

This looks like a CPU floating-point representation problem, see this wikipedia article about floating point arithmetic for a complete description of the causes.

This filter [[0.29]multiply[100]] also gives a result of 28.999999999999996.

But in your use case, you can avoid this problem by changing your filter to [[2]divide[7]multiply[100]round[]].

Fred

Donuts! Thanks to Mohammad I have to count my carbs even in TiddlyWiki!

thanks too much.i will read it .i use fixed[4],and it successed.

@Mohammad
I tried to make the background color of the donut chart match the current palette by changing the .donut-segment-2 fill and .donut-ring stroke to <> or something similar. But it is not working. Can you help ?