Discussion: 7 Steps to Improve the TiddlyWiki Documentation

Hello pmario,

I have just tried your process.

I face the following error when pushing the “Make a PR” button at step 6:
“There was an error in creating the PR. TypeError: Failed to fetch dynamically imported module: https://cdn.pika.dev/@octokit/core

Also, one suggestions to the process description: add direct links inside steps like:

BR

Eskha

1 Like

I just tested it and did not encounter any errors. What browser and operating system are you using? Could you please try a test PR against the test repo by modifying any tiddler to confirm if the error happens again?

Thanks for the feedback.

Do you use your browsers “private browsing” mode? … Any “add blockers” or “ghostery”, that may block access to certain pages.

I personally use “uBlock origin”, which was active as I did create the videos. So that should be fine. I’ll run a short test, to see where my octokit library comes from.

It also starts with cdn.pika.dev but then switches over and actually loads the stuff from cdn.skypack.dev, which seems to the new name of the same company.

How is your internet connection speed? …
My browser network info showed a “turtle-image” which is an indicator for “slow connection”. May be we really did ran into a timeout?

Thank you @saqimtiaz and @pmario for your answers.

New test leads to the same error.
Regarding my configuration: I am on windows 10 with microsoft edge without any extension but behind a proxy. Internet connexion speed quite good.

Second test: I have made a local copy of pr-maker, then changed the cdn.pika.dev by cdn.skypack.dev in $:/plugins/sq/makepr/startup.js, refreshed the saved wiki page and load my backup.
This has solved the issue: PR is created in Test repository then official branch.
Comparing Jermolene:master…es-kha:update-mathematics-o-1646666471 · Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 (github.com)

BR

Eskha

Hello,

Another question.

Now that the PR was submitted, it has recieved some feedback.
What is the advised course of action for taking them into account and provide a new version of the proposed change taking into account the comments?

From my understanding, if I go through steps 4 to 7 again, this will be a new PR without any link to the previous one. This may not be the expected behaviour.

The easiest thing to do at present would be to create a new PR and just reference the old one in the description. The old PR can then be closed.

Just tried to make the new PR but I face the following error
“There was an error in creating the PR. HttpError: Not Found”
when targetting official TW repository.
I have no error if I select the test repository.

As a side request, could you make the PR title and message persistent (storing there value in state tiddlers not temp tiddler) to allow easy saving of the PR for later and avoiding writing everything again when something goes wrong.

BR

Eskha

@pmario Could you turn the first post of this thread inside a wiki post?

It could enable to:

Step 5) Backup should have that covered. The temp tiddlers are exported. You only need to check them in the import dialogue. … But you are right. That could be improved.

@Eskha … It’s a wiki now. So you can add some info

Hi, Could you open the dev console with F12 and select the “Console” tab and try to create a new PR. … May be the console gives more info.

If not select the “Network” tab, may be we have some luck there.

I did just try to create a PR to the main repo. It worked for me :confused:

You could also do a SHIFT - F5 browser tab reload, to be sure, that you use the latest “tw5-docs-pre-maker” wiki. May be the browser cached it. … That sometimes happens for me for pinned tabs.

I have done several tries after using the Shift-F5 trick and also tried on a local copy of “tw5-docs-pre-maker” wiki:

Online: each time

request.js:35
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

Online: once

saqimtiaz.github.io/:1
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 405 ()

Local

api.github.com/repos/es-kha/TiddlyWiki5/git/refs:1
      POST https://api.github.com/repos/es-kha/TiddlyWiki5/git/refs 404 

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

request.js is part of the oktokit library, that is dynamically loaded. Do you use a browser add-blocker, or private surf-mode.

Any extra-strong privacy settings in the browser?

Are you still behind a proxy?

No add blocker or private surf mode but proxy yes.
Last time it has worked even behind the proxy after changing the cdn address.