Create a documentation category

Has anyone considered making a documentation category for discussion. There was a lightly used Google Group for documentation but it would be interesting if we can get more traction towards actually improving the documentation if we have a more dedicated place to raise questions / suggestions about it.

I think it’s a great idea! Documentation as a community project is a great one to tackle.

From a purely features-and-how-to-run-a-group-on-Discourse perspective, this is what I would suggest:

1. An Admin can create a “Documentation” group
  2. We setup a matching “Documentation” category (maybe a new Community Projects top level category that we put projects like this under?)
  3. the instigator writes a kick off post and makes a call for participation
  4. the group uses the category and/or the internal group private messaging feature to communicate how to document and get work done

Somewhere in there, a kick off meeting over Google Meet or Zoom might be a good idea.

Let me know if you want to be the instigator of this! And/or write some more of your thoughts and see if you can find some people to join you in kicking this off. Another good rule of thumb is getting a minimum of 3 people to work on something together.

Thanks for the nudging, although I’m not too keen to serve as the instigator at the moment, I am interested if others would like to meet up virtually on the subject.

It’s only fitfully used, but we have a separate Google Group for documentation discussions:

https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywikidocs

I support this too but hope;

I’ve gone ahead and created two new categories.

One is Community Projects #projects – it’s a container for projects, as we need them.

I’ve also gone ahead and created a #projects:documentation category. Given the interest and energy in the thread about Github Making changes to tiddlywiki.com via GitHub and Pull Requests (PR) – and the general way that people are trying to make improvements in a single thread :slight_smile: – I’ve gone ahead and done this for my own sanity.

I moved my CLA post to a new thread: Reviewing CLA policy – as one of the things I am going to work on.

I invite others to also move / copy their suggestions into new threads if they want to work on it / want to collaborate with others in doing it.

I invite people to join the public @Documentation group if they want to actively volunteer, although anyone can participate in that forum.

I also intend to create an Open Collective group + category as the second Community Project. That one I need to run in any case, because I’m an admin! I’ll do an announce post about what I’m thinking and make a call for collaborators.