As discussed here Identify tiddlers installed by bookmarklet we have various forms of tiddler and tiddlers in a single tiddler formats and encoding, even within what we may call a JSON tiddler.
- We have some templates and widgets that handle some of these formats illustrated below;
I would like to build a resource that documents these and the differences, such that we can document when and where they occur or can be used and the various appropriate widgets and formats that can manipulate them. Some formats;
- Use encoding, for which there are existing decode operators or widgets
- Others have particular formats, or different prefixes and suffixes than another format.
- Some have relevant mime types
- I think this is all a bit of a mess that can be solved by pooling what we know into a document.
- Be able to identify the different types visually and programmatically. Also understand which formats are equivalent.
- We can identify any possible gaps in the tools and formats and the methods to generate, translating or en/decoding them from one to another.
- With all of us and a broader audience having access to this knowledge I expect more interesting solutions and tools will be forthcoming.
- I am working on some myself such as here Bookmarklets — Demos and tools that would benefit.
The format a JSON of one or more tiddlers is saved as a file
- Translated on Import into the format the $Import uses
The Internal storage format
- As found in wikis and Node tiddlers
Bookmarklet of tiddlers to add
The Tiddler Generated on Import and in plugin contents
- Which if the plugin-type field is set to plugin, becomes a plugin
- Thus the individual tiddlers can be accessed as subtiddlers/shadow tiddlers
The JSON array format of tiddlers
- This format which is a subset of the bookmarklet format can be used with tm-import-tiddler
JSON tiddlers created using index parameter in various widgets
- The JSON form of a data tiddler
JSON tiddlers created updated using new operators for reading and formatting JSON data
- The (extended?) JSON form of a data tiddler
Imported JSON tiddlers with unknown structure
- Adhering to JSON tiddler standards.
Can you add to the above list of formats or provide some description, code or information about one of more of these formats?
- Please contribute and I will build the resource.