[Continued] Please help Alpha test TidGi mobile app on Android device

This is my another try to address How to stimulate User Growth of TW?

Test link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ren.onetwo.tidgi.mobile

(or https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ren.onetwo.tidgi.mobile , but I find this not able to open)

You can join the alpha test if you already join the Tiddlywiki google group (tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com)
Google play require at least 20 users tested to release the app, thanks!

4 Likes

Hmm, neither of those links work for me.

i am also unable to find the app in either link.

1 Like

I’m not sure too, it says it is under Review. I’m not sure it means “under user’s review” or “under Google’s review”

If you already join the tw google group with same account, and can’t open that google play link with same account, maybe it means Google is reviewing it. Then let’s test this later, sorry for that.

I get the Not Found error!

Okay, let’s suspend this, until Google review is done…

1 Like

I wish we could suspend google until our review is done.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Seems it is OK to download now?

Yes the first link is working now…
How to load a single file html wiki in the app

TidGi Mobile is using SQLite, so can’t load HTML directly, sorry for that.

You can

1. Use TidGi Desktop to import the HTML, and install tw-mobile-sync plugin from CPL, and enable HTTP API in TidGi, then use TidGi Mobile to scan the QR code on sidebar to sync your wiki to mobile
  2. Recommended for this test: Use bottom-right button to create a new wiki for fun!

Only 5 people joined and 1 installed now, looking for more!

I’ve just started using it to edit my existing git hosted wiki and it syncs nicely.
Just getting used to having it in a dedicated app and not opening chrome.

I’ve not delved into your customised default yet.

1 Like

Thank you for the testing, Testing your own wiki is enough. Creating new wiki is for recrewing new users from obsidian and notion.

No much users here join the test, i’m thinking where to post this can leads to new users (that are new to tw). Maybe reddit?

Sounds interesting, but I only have windows and apple devices. Sorry.

Reddit, discord and Twitter does have many active tiddlywiki users, you can post in those domains as well.

I had installed the app some days back. Since I mainly use single file html wikis, i haven’t got time to test my own wikis in the app. I had tried the templates given in the apps.

You need feedback regarding what all aspects of the app ?

I will release iOS version when Android is stabled. It is developed using React Native so is cross-platfrom. Will pin you for iOS test later!

You can report bugs if your experience is not smooth. And glad to see there is no bug on your phone. ( Some people report HarmonyOS can’t open the wiki.)

Do you need to pay for it? I thought it was free for the test group. If it even charge user when testing, no wonder why no much people join the test…

In the future, the income from Google Play will be regarded as a donation, and I will donate half of them back to Tiddlywiki. The app itself is free on Github Release. I have programming job, not relying on donation to make living (at least recently).

1 Like

A small charge was there prior to installing the app. Since it was a nominal amount, I was ok with it

Yes, I had to, but since it was not too much (around 1 USD) I was ok with it, if it should help move things forward.

Where is it best to report bugs/screenshots? Here or at GitHub?