Click on link using modifier key to add a $:/tags/Stylesheet tag to a stylesheet tiddler - Is it possible?

After reading some post in this thread regarding two column storyriver, I was experimenting with the multicolumn storyriver of shiraz. It is CSS based and gets activated when this stylesheet tiddler - $:/plugins/kookma/shiraz/styles/multicols/storyriver gets a tag $:/tags/Stylesheet.
What I was thinking is that, if I can shift click on a link, can it invoke an action to add a tag $:/tags/Stylesheet to the tiddler $:/plugins/kookma/shiraz/styles/multicols/storyriver so that multicolumn storyriver gets activated. Is it possible ?

Custom buttons that look like links, even the checkbox widget can toggle a tag on off another tiddler. In buttons you can use the modifier variable for shift alt etc… Keys. These all answer the title of this post, but is it sufficent to toggle the multistory ? Make a simple wiki and test it.

Buttons, select and links can have actions assigned.

What are the links you want this feature on?

I want this on in-tiddler links and links in recents tiddler and search results. This won’t be possible without hacking some core tiddlers I guess.

Will this be possible in the new pre release version which allow creation of custom widgets.

Also I have a working example in the demo wiki using Saq’s contextmenu plug in. On right clicking the link the context menu shows open in second column command and it works. But it easier to shift click a link rather than right click the link everytime. Thats why this thread was created

Perhaps yes, modify an existing widget to perform an additional action.

• However you can already use a message catcher to do similar things.
  • But it seems adding the same tag, on the same tiddler, on clicking any link seems to be inefficient.

I may not understand your requirement correctly, but it seem there may be away to design a different solution.

I’d say the simplest way is with a checkboxwidget using the listField mode, because it can toggle individual tags in a field without affecting other content in that field. I think this should work:

<$checkbox
tiddler="$:/plugins/kookma/shiraz/styles/multicols/storyriver"
listField="tags"
checked="$:/tags/Stylesheet"
unchecked=""
default="">
Toggle stylesheet
</$checkbox>

@pmario
Can a modifier variable and action-listops widget be added to the $:/custom/ui/ViewTemplate/body/message-catcher or $:/custom/ui/Buttons/message-catcher tiddler of the custom-story-message-catcher provided by you so that when I click on tiddler links using a modifier vaiable, the action list op widget also get invoked (to toggle $:/tags/Stylesheet on the $:/plugins/kookma/shiraz/styles/multicols/storyriver tiddler) - so as two get two tiddler story in multicolumn (2 column) layout

I got it working using @pmario solution given in this link - same link as the one given in the above post.

Check this demo

Click on the tiddler link in the import tiddler. It will open in the second column. Now click on the variant close tiddler button image to retrun to single column mode.

The reason for starting this thread was to open a tiddler link in the second column on clicking. That got solved without using a modifier key by hacking a solution provided by pmario in an old discussion as mentioned in the posts above.