_canonical_uri windows height setting

Hi Experts,

I have a tiddler named Back in 5 Minutes with a field _canonical_uri

So far so good but the tiddler will not be displayed in full height of the window instead of that I see scoll bars. Is it possible to set the window height to 100% to use as much space as possible?

Thx in advance
Stefan

Hi @stefan_from_germany the default height of the iframe used to display embedded PDFs is 600px. You can adjust it by creating a stylesheet tiddler tagged $:/tags/Stylesheet with the following content, adjusting the height property as required:

\rules only filteredtranscludeinline transcludeinline macrodef macrocallinline macrocallblock

body.tc-body .tc-tiddler-body > iframe {
height: 800px;
}
2 Likes

Not a real solution, but something I wanted to make for some time and you reminded me :wink:

Instead of a fixed height, I have used 80vh in the past so that the height adapts to tall screens.

Perhaps make use of @EricShulman’s timer tools to get a count down and be honest :nerd_face: otherise if someone arrives at 4mins 30 seconds they think you are still 5 mins away.

@jeremyruston ,

thank you for your quick reply.
Unfortunately it is not working :frowning:

I implemented your code here

And this is the outcome:

It is not changing the height. Never if I change it to 800px, 1000px, 1500px or 95%.

What I did wrong here?

Thx in advance
Stefan

P.S.: The “Back in 5 Minutes” is only used as an example for all PDFs I have here.

If there is a CSS syntax error in your stylesheet, any rules following the error will not be processed.

Try putting this at the top of the tiddler (i.e. before any other rules):

body.tc-body .tc-tiddler-body > iframe {
height: 1000px;
}

If it starts working, then it means you have a syntax error somewhere else in your stylesheet CSS. You can narrow it down by progressively moving the above rule further down in the CSS until it once again stops working. The rule above it would be the one containing the CSS syntax error.

hope this helps,
-e

Hi @EricShulman ,

I put it at the top, but nothing changed

Stefan

Is this something you can publish so that we can see the actual wiki? Or can you put out a minimal example showing the problem? Most browsers have decent developer tools to help us determine which CSS rules apply to something and why.

Hi @Scott_Sauyet ,

sorry for the delay in answering your post. I was some days on “off”.
To answer your question. The Wiki, I have the problems with, is not online. It is part of the intranet of the company I am working for.
I have to look how to “clean” the wiki, e.g. >>delete all tiddlers tagged with “XXX” or “YYY” or “ZZZ”<< than I can make it available here.

Stefan

Understood. I deal with that problem frequently when I’m trying to ask TW questions. Anything you can do to create a minimal example would probably help: either simplifying it will help you solve the problem on your own or a small example will help others understand the issue.

Screenshot 2023-07-03 9.31.55 AM

Needless to say, just adjust the width and height to your needs.

IF THIS DOES NOT WORK IN YOUR TIDDLYWIKI INSTANCE

Please try at TiddlyWiki.com. If it works fine at TiddlyWiki.com but not in your TiddlyWiki, then you might have some wonky CSS somewhere in your TiddlyWiki instance that is preventing some CSS from working.

Or something else in your TiddlyWiki instance is broken?

Create the stylesheet tiddler displayed above.

Create another tiddler called Back in 5 Minutes

Set the canonical URL to https://basicanywheremachine.neocities.org/Books/BASIC_4th_Edition_Jan68.pdf or whatever other PDF on the web.