Can stock market data be extracted using finance api of yahoo or Google in Tiddlywiki

Can stock market data be extracted using finance api of yahoo or Google or similar others in Tiddlywiki. I wanted to track the performance of certain shares in stock market.

This idea came after seeing this tiddler in the Tiddlywiki pre-release.

Obsidian has a somewhat similar plug in - Stock Quotes and Data - #5 by boswell - Plugins ideas - Obsidian Forum and GitHub - mikejongbloet/obsidian-get-stock-information

Anyone has got some suggestions to give?

You will need to read the details of the API and have a go implementing it on TiddlyWiki which has features such as thew raw tags to place the required code.

• You can then ask the forum how to do the steps you need help with.
  • Some may be trivial, others more complex and may need a little more work

Directly into TW - not sure. But I am sure, because I’ve done it, that you can do it via Google sheets, i.e source → sheets → TW.

As you note, you do use the tm-http-request to import from sheets into TW. I experimented with this in the beginning of the summer and intend to eventually renew TiddlyGoo. The simplest way involves using opensheet.

And there are several ways to scrape data into sheets.

1 Like

I haven’t used Google sheet much in the past. A simple Google search for extracting finance data from google finance to Google sheet showed this - How to use the GOOGLEFINANCE function in Google Sheets - Sheetgo Blog

If this can be done, then tiddlygoo must be able to extract data into TW. I will have to read more about Google sheet formulas and tiddlygoo I guess.

@twMat I learned how to extract data from google finance into the google sheets using sheets formula (by seeing this youtube video - How to use Google Finance in Google Sheets! (Create STUNNING Financial Spreadsheets!) - YouTube.

See this sample sheets.

Once TiddlyGoo is ready, I think I can start testing about extracting data from google sheets into TW.

1 Like