Add more button for installed plugin

vscode →

tiddlywiki →

Is it necessary to add an extra button to clear configuration and some shadow files, not just delete or disable plugins, the shadow files generated by plugins should also be managed by tiddlywiki, Maybe adding a remove button is more friendly instead of removing the plugin manually

I agree, but while we are at it we could add more smarts like a byte count, and export the tiddlers with or without changes, separately or as a new updated plugin.

Just some info about the terms. There are 2 types of tiddlers in TW.

1. Shadow tiddlers

• They are created by plugins.
    • So every tiddler in a plugin is a shadow tiddler when the plugin is enabled
    • Ordinary users cannot create shadow tiddlers, except they create a plugin
  2. System tiddlers

• System tiddlers are standard tiddlers prefixed $:/, so they are not shown in ordinary lists
    • If a shadow tiddler is modified, it becomes a system tiddler, which can be deleted
    • If an overwritten shadow = systen tiddler is deleted the shadow tiddler takes over again.

I think it would be nice to have a mechanism / button / actions that remove overwritten shadows and also remove configuration tiddlers if a plugin is uninstalled.

We would need a “registration” tiddler, that defines an “uninstall-actions” with 1 or more filters, that allows the mechanism to remove plugin-specific tiddlers. …

BUT

This functionality will be problematic if done automatically. … Because there may be other plugins, which use the same configuration tiddlers. … So we need to be sure, that there are no side effects.

So for the start it should be a manual process, which is done by the user with UI created by the plugin author. Similar to my remove-states plugin

IMO this addition to the core should be discussed at GitHub, otherwise it will be forgotten.

If I have a plugin tiddler open and the list of tiddlers indicates some have being over written it would be somewhat trivial to iterate the list of shadow tiddlers and delete any with a tiddler.

• Sure a different plugin may have overwritten these, but that has already happened, and is unlikely if the naming standards are used.
  • If for example you need to opt in tiddlers to be deleted that are not with the current plugins prefixes, so be it.

I am very interested in the opposite, rebuilding the plugin tiddler based on the original shadows but include the changes made creating tiddlers.

• This would allow iterative updates to a plugin without using a plugin generator.
  • This would allow one to import a plugin, a data plugin, refine and review and update the data on top of it, then generate the next version of the data set plugin.
  • You could have a plugin make its rounds of different wikis collecting and updating using content found in each wiki, an accrual process.
    • The most obvious example being a contacts list, bookmarks or similar, so every wiki you want knows about all your contacts/bookmarks.
    • now add to that a library with version control and update needed detection - wow.

see: Gatha Plugin: Beta Release - Create and Distribute Tiddlywiki Plugins

That is a plugin generator, I am trying to implement a simple way to add features handling plugins.

For example every plugin gets a contents tab, I could add some features in there when I find how.