A multi-column Layout / Storyview

Hi @TiddlyTweeter,

I believe that is fixed now

1 Like

It is fixed.
Thanks!

Now you can maximise via Alt-Shift-F and edit at full screen. Neat!

TT

Is there a way to completely hide/remove the left sidebar

On ONE thing I agree with @arunnbabu81 about is I do think it could be neat to transclude that brilliant navigator/rearranger in any Tiddler … I did look at the code but I could not figure out how you could transclude that tool elsewhere :frowning:

Just a comment, TT

Hi @arunnbabu81

yes, the left sidebar ONLY shows up if there are tiddlers tagged $:/tags/SideBarSegment/User

1 Like

Hi @TiddlyTweeter,

the tool you’re looking for is hardcoded in the layout tiddler. I will make it reusable

best wishes,
Simon

1 Like

But there is a hamburger menu icon at the left top always. Can this be also removed ?

Let me check, it should not show if there are no tiddlers tagged $:/tags/SideBarSegment/User

@arunnbabu81 ,

if you load the plugin in an empty tiddlywiki prerelease, there should be no top left hamburger
the top left hamburger only shows up if there are tiddlers tagged $:/tags/SideBarSegment/User
on the demo page there is a tiddler tagged $:/tags/SideBarSegment/User - for demonstration purposes

That’s was the problem. Hamburger menu icon disappeared when I removed that demo tiddler

I was trying to set the whitespace theme sidebar on the left side bcos it has vertical pagecontrol buttons which are seen only on hover.

https://multicolumn-budget-modal.tiddlyhost.com/

Except for small CSS issue at the top, it works.

@BurningTreeC any suggestions about how to solve this issue

1 Like

You can just add a stylesheet tiddler with:

.jd-sidebar { 
z-index: 10000; 
}

best wishes,
Simon

2 Likes

That works.

I also modified the $:/themes/jd/Whitespace/template/sidebar tiddler of whitespace theme to change the

<$list filter="[all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/SideBar]!has[draft.of]]" variable="currentTiddler">

to

<$list filter="[all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/SideBarWhitespace]!has[draft.of]]" variable="currentTiddler">

So only whatever I tag as $:/tags/SideBarWhitespace will come in the left sidebar

Check here

1 Like

I have a few problems

1. When I click on the budget manager, a modal should appear. But it doesn’t appear if the tiddler is in full screen mode. Only after returning from fullscreen mode the modal is seen.

2. the vertical page control buttons of whitespace theme are not seen on hover if the
    tiddler is in fullscreen mode

Can anything be done regarding these?

That should now be fixed

Try adding this to a stylesheet tiddler:

.vertical-controls {
z-index: 10000;
}

Thank you @BurningTreeC .
Both works now. I learned a new thing in CSS regarding z-index today.
Two small issues that I noticed in full screen mode of a tiddler are

1. If we drag and drop any tiddler into a wiki in multicolumn mode with a tiddler in full screen state, the import tiddler can be seen only if we manually come out of full screen mode. Is there there any way to automatically come out of the full screen mode if such an event (like import) happens.

2. If I click on a link within a tiddler in full screen mode, the newly opened linked tiddler can be seen only if the tiddler comes out of full screen mode. Is there there any way to automatically come out of the full screen mode if we click open a link within a tiddler in full screen mode.

A similar implemenation was done in krystal horizontal plug in by cdruan - see these github disscusions - 1 and 2. But those were javascript based workaround i guess.

If I add this $:/plugins/felixhayashi/hotzone plug in to multicolumn (for use with Echarts), I get this error. I havent noticed this error in my other wikis

Hi @arunnbabu81 ,

could you please make me a screenshot of the error message in the console (press F12 > Console)?

Thank you,
Simon

I had a look at the hotzone plug-in and I’ve seen that it isn’t compatible with my implementation of the story-rivers. It looks for a story-river with the class “tc-story-river” and there is none in the multi-column layout.

Maybe I can make it compatible if that doesn’t mean too much refactoring.
What you could do is edit the tiddler $:/plugins/felixhayashi/hotzone/config.js and replace “tc-story-river” with “btc-river-1” - that could work and it could enable the first column to work with the echarts plugin

1 Like

After doing this, the error message has stopped coming. Thank you.

Do you still need this?

Is this doable?

That is now solved

Thanks for the idea, I’ve implemented this, too. Thank you!

Best wishes,
Simon

2 Likes