A multi-column Layout / Storyview (new Thread)

The first feature request is solved :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought it wasn’t possible but wikitext-tricks combined with CSS made it possible:

The story rivers now adapt to both sidebars

Best wishes,
Simon

1 Like

Possible Bug in right-sidebar search?

Buongiorno BTC,

Possible BUG? I noticed that the online version of MCL truncates search results in the right sidebar. Like this …

Maybe it is something to do with the CSS for sidebar panels? Dunno.

I don’t have the issue on a local MCL, but I don’t section the sidebar much.

Just a comment
TT

Thanks for reporting @TiddlyTweeter , I’ll investigate

I had a look at the new approach. Great! Tx!

And thankyou for letting it also be configured whether it is an active adaptation or not!

Best, TT

Notes On Mobile MCL …

One thing I’m getting interested in a bit now is use of MCL on mobile phones.

I haven’t done a lot of tests yet but I can see …

• MCL D-n-D probably would not work properly?

• Keyboard Shortcuts are much harder to use?

What I’m imagining is we can have a perfectly good mobile experience with MCL … with some changes when opened on a phone?

• Thought: Longer term we maybe need a start-up mechanism for mobiles that “switches off what is not gonna work well?”

FWIW, my use case is a couple of apps my students do often look at on phone.

Just early thoughts!
TT

Thanks @TiddlyTweeter

When the desktop-design is settled I’ll have a deeper look at the mobile design

BTC,

I just wanted to let you know I do have draft documentation done for MCL I will publish soon.

I just want to check I got it right first.

TT

1 Like

Thank you @TiddlyTweeter , that’s awesome!

Simon

@TiddlyTweeter ,

about saving the palette with an Ensemble:

it already saves the currently loaded palette (automatically)

1 Like

Ah, so, an ensemble WILL reload a palette it was working in?
If so that is good news!

TT

Ya…this was the default behaviour from the beginning if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Yes. That’s how it works

Thank you @BurningTreeC . It’s working in the demo. How to make it also work with JD’s whitespace sidebar?

Here is the demo with latest MCL - https://demo-complete.tiddlyhost.com/

I don’t know how to make it work with JD’s whitespace sidebar

1 Like

Can you show me which tiddlers are related to making the second sidebar adaptable to storyriver…may be I can hack some solution from that

1 Like

It’s all in this tiddler:
https://burningtreec.github.io/tiddlywiki-multi-columns/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2FBTC%2Ftiddlywiki-multi-columns%2FCSS%2Fpanel

1 Like

Talking about feature request, I would like to integrate Tidgraph with MCL. It seems that the problem is related with Tidgraph and how it disables the normal shift click behavior which would open the clicked tiddler in the graph to the left.

There is anything to be done in the MCL that could help to solve it? Or doesn’t a more knowledgeable TW hacker knows what needs to be changed to get normal shift click behavior back when combining Tidgraph with MCL alike variants/themes for TW?

Hi @Offray ,

I would really love seeing plugins being created with MCL in mind.
I believe the MCL is not that widely in use or plugins have not yet been adapted.
Also, the inner mechanisms of the MCL need to be documented better in order for other plugin authors to make their plugins work with the MCL

I have to say that I don’t have a quick solution for your feature request regarding Tidgraph, but I’ll have a look how it implements the wiki-links and if we can make shift-click work the MCL way

best wishes,
Simon

I don’t even know where to find the latest version of Tidgraph and if it’s actively maintained?