How to combine multicolumn layout with Tidgraph?

Hi all,

I wonder if is it possible to use Tidgraph with @BurningTreeC’s MultiColumLayout (MCL) in a wide screen two panels mode, so an user can click a Tidgraph in the panel on the left and get the correspondent clicked tiddler in the right panel, kind of in a similar way to the depicted here (but it just a mock up):

Further clicks on the left mind map nodes would open tiddlers in the right story river, just below the last opened one.

That would solve a similar question I made some time ago, but at that time, I was not aware of MCL and would allow me to “migrate” my presentation from the excellent, but desktop bounded Freeplane to TW and the web.

Any pointers in that direction are greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Did you tried shift click on the links in the tidgraph?

Yes. It opens the Tiddler in a new browser window. Shift click on the Tidgraph in the left panel to open the tiddler in the right one of MCL would be a pretty good solution, similar to @DaveGifford’s Stroll when the two panels are open. I tried combining Stroll + Tidgraph but the expected shift click behavior didn’t work and the horizontal map started to appear vertical. MCL preserves the map’s orientation.

May be @BurningTreeC can provide some help regarding this. The default behaviour on shift clicking a link in MCL is to open the linked tiddler in the next column. Dont know why that isn’t work with tidgraph.

Tidgraph overrides the default tiddler behaviour of opening new tiddlers at the bottom of the story river. Tidgraph links always open at the top and changes the URL to, forexample, mytiddlywiki.html#tiddlerihavejustopenedfromtidgraph.

Clicking on the same tidgraph link again won’t appear to do anything.