Zoomin Storyview without Navigation Animations

I have to admit that I’m very partial to the zoomin storyview, not only for its focus on a single tiddler, the easy implementation of an info panel in the sidebar and quicker refreshes when combined with automatic folding of out-of-sight tidders, but much more. It really shines when combined with a top bar showing all open tiddlers for easy back-and-forth navigation (a bit like browser tabs).

However, the animation when switching between tiddlers can be a bit irritating. Sure, you can just set $:/config/AnimationDuration to zero and be done with it, but then you also lose all these fun little animations, e.g. when adding tags and such.

So, with my crazy low-level JavaScript skillz :nerd_face: I sat down and removed all the lines relating to animations from $:/core/modules/storyviews/zoomin.js. It was a bit sad work to remove all this lovingly written code applying CSS transitions, but I wasn’t to be stopped (I’m sorry, Jeremy).
As far as I can tell, nothing broke. Now I can set AnimationDuration to any old value and enjoy the animated bells and whistles, except for navigation.

I call it single storyview and you can, too. Drop this file into your wiki, reload, and choose your new storyview:
single-storyview.json (5.1 KB)

Have a nice day
Yaisog

PS: I’m sure this has been done before. Everything is a remix. I did search beforehand, but couldn’t find something exactly like this here. Better don’t let me know.

5 Likes