Your Code Does Not Work on My Tiddlywiki

4 Likes

I think of this often in terms of accessibility and viewing.

I’m watching an instructional video I paid for, but having trouble seeing it because the instructor recorded using standard 12 point font. He’s obviously working on a 32 inch screen or better. But I’m on a 15 inch display, so the text is reduced to just pixels. The proprietary viewing software doesn’t’ have a zoom feature. So while I can barely see the text, half of the screen real-estate is blank!

2 Likes

Right.

I think it interesting how “standards” become a concertina over time. One minute it looks good. Next minute you struggling (your example is good!).

Who can know the everything needed to be a perfect presenter?

I am basically resigned to the idea that depicting truth requires some Sumo:slight_smile:

TT

Your Code Does Not Work on My Tiddlywiki

@Mohammad interesting post.

As you know I am no programmer. But I do observe the social aspect of computing.

TBH, I wish more social scientists would attend the “FAIL PROBLEM” and it’s consequences.

As a naïve observer I find, still, that, internet work is prone to failure. Mainly because of the complexity and scale of all the things a developer needs to get good at.

IMO, TW is very interesting precisely because it is v. good, by architecture, at being able to focus issues in an exact way that eases the issue you illustrate.

Just a comment, TT

1 Like