Would like "this doc needs review" directly on tiddlywiki.com

Apropos @saqimtiaz editable thread that collects alerts for missing or faulty docs:

It would be useful if the individual tiddlers on tiddlywiki.com and /prerelease could show an “alert” comparable to wikipedia at problematic tiddlers, stating something like "this doc has been flagged for need of review, please help " or some such.

Maybe such notes could even be contributed directly by visitors via some mechanism like in Saqs project to connect tiddlywiki.com with gh? I.e a feature to enable anyone to directly flag a tw .com tid and perhaps add a note. Also, from a visitors p.o.v, the mere information that a doc tiddler is insufficient can often per se be useful to know.

1 Like

Good Ideas,

Perhaps sharing the tiddler and notes into documentation category here for further discussion?

Do I understand you right - you’re suggesting that when reading at tiddlywiki.com one should from there directly be able to create a post here at talk.tiddlywiki into (i.e tagged) “documentation category” and with the tiddler and/or notes? …That would be fantastic!

Some related observations - though technically way out of my league to know…

1. At TiddlyWiki Pre-release there’s a comments area at the bottom - no idea where those go - probably just stored in browser.
  2. There was the Disqus plugin (and maybe others) that looked / acted similarly, but worked through the external platform
  3. Could a similar thing be built using this forum (like Disqus thing was)? That seems kind of ideal…

If the “alert” would be merged to tw-com imo it’s wasting time and resources.

IMO the way to go is: create a PR that fixes the problem instead of adding an alert that only confuses users.

See this thread: Making changes to tiddlywiki.com via GitHub and Pull Requests (PR) … IMO that’s the way to go, but we will need some more testing and feedback from users.

1 Like