Would it be possible for Tiddlywiki to apply a palette based on the time of the device?

Just something that popped in my head, and was curious if there was a simple way of making a mechanism to do that.

Something like,
“from 0600 to 1200, use Vanilla”,
“from 1200 to 1800, use Solar Flare”
“from 1800 to 0000, use Cupertino Dark”
“from 0000 to 0600, use Gruvbox Dark”

or even a different selection, if someone only wanted to use Vanilla and Cupertino Dark, or their own custom palettes.

I imagine tiddlytools timer solutions of @EricShulman’s would help. The first thing is to determine what you want to change at those times, one way is to change themes then search for haschanged[] tiddlers. You could start with startup actions then trigger the next change with the timer tools.

Well if there is a way to track time and input what time you want the change to take place, you could just have a macro/plugin change $:/Palette to whichever palette you’d want it to at that time, couldn’t you?

I’ll have to take a look at Tiddlytools timer, though I’m not sure how much I can do with it at my skill level haha

• Thats the timer tools.
  • To add an alarm, begin by selecting Once, Daily, or a specific Day of the week.
  • Enter the desired hours, minutes and seconds using 24-hour notation. If you selected Once, also select a month, date, and year.
    and
  • You can define custom actions to be performed when an alarm is triggered:
  • See the details in this last item and it tells you how to do it.

And this is when you need to have;

Have a go, even if you fail, then explain why and we will help you.

Everyone starts naïvely