Work with images and fields..in dynamic table

I’m working on a wiki that list parts of equipment.
there is an equipement tiddler with EQ_image field filled with the title of an svg image tiddler (MyImage.svg).
I managed to use a template tiddler to view the image in the body of my equipement tiddler using : <$image width="300" source={{!!EQ_image}}></$image>
And everything is working fine.

But now; I would like to view those images in the columns of a dynamic table listing the equipement tiddlers.
I tried to create a specific $:/plugins/kookma/shiraz/templates/body/image but trying different solutions with <<currentRecord>> and <<currentColumn>>, I haven’t found the way to view the picture.
The best I could achieve, was to list the title of the image tiddler, but not the content of it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Writing in haste, but: I’ve got images in a dynamic table here:

https://teaching-tools.tiddlyhost.com/#voice-amplifier

check it out, see what you can reverse-engineer.

1 Like

OK thank you! I can see what you have done.

I see you use a field with the title of the image tiddler between transclusion quotes {{image-title}}.
In my template I need to use the title of the image tiddler without those quotes, so I need to use 2 different fields to store 1 information.

Not bad, but not the best way I guess.

You should be able to set up your column template to add the double-curly-braces as needed. Pretty much any goal you can achieve with filters you can also achieve within dynamic tables!

Visit the site again: https://teaching-tools.tiddlyhost.com/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fkookma%2Fshiraz%2Ftemplates%2Fbody%2Fimage:%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fkookma%2Fshiraz%2Ftemplates%2Fbody%2Fimage%20voice-amplifier

I’ve set it up so an image column template finds and transcludes the tiddler with the title corresponding to contents of image field (rather than setting up the field itself to invoke a transclusion).

I wrote a couple of macros to perform pagination navigation (where you can define a table view). I use this in The Memory Keeper solution, but I had not previously harvested it so others could use it. The parent macro “pagination-pro” will generate a list of items based on a template. The template defines the format (lists, grids, tables). In the template you can reference various types data for a column—including images.

In the example (below) the template defines a table format to provide a three-column table. The table limit (number or rows) is defined with a limit of 10 entries. When more than 10 items are found page navigation buttons are provided.

<$macrocall $name=pagination-pro filter="[tag[video]sort[title]]" template="$:/pagination/template/test" countPerDetail="10" smooth="no" top="disabled" />

For the details I put together a readme tiddler in the json file.

pagination-table-example.json (15.2 KB)

NOTE: The out-of-the-box look is without any CSS, but I provided example styles in the readme that can make it look a bit better (especially those navigation buttons). I also provide some instructions on how to add sort order (ascending / descending) to any given column.

Out-of-the-box look:

Be sure to read the “readme” tiddler.

2 Likes

Thank you for your solution, I will explore it as it seems to have multiple uses.

Thank you. I will explore this solution that uses the shiraz’s dynamic table solution that was my primary goal. I found that the solution of @clsturgeon is also a nice way to achieve the same goal.