Willing to pay $50 for a special thingy

I see what I did wrong. I thought the \*/ just before the code was part of what I needed to paste. Removing that worked.

1 Like

@inmysocks , would you like me to send that $50 to you, or as a donation to the development fund of TiddlyWiki? If the former, please PM me your Paypal or bank info.

1 Like

Much much better solution than whatever I could come up with using CSS, thank you for publicly sharing this and thanks to @DaveGifford for this thread!

2 Likes

I did a lot, of development off line, wanting you @DaveGifford to let me know if a “transclusion solution” was an acceptable solution? - and for myself.

• I have some working “open all and close all” details buttons now.
  • I plan to make a editorToolbar button to search for and insert a tiddlername {{tiddlername||local-details}}

So

Let me know if you would like to try it.

Hi TW_Tones,

Thank you for your efforts. I am sorry I did not respond explicitly to your comment above. But your description at that time sounded like a transclusion in a tiddler transcluded in another tiddler, something I wanted to avoid. That is why I passed it over. But I should have answered you so you knew that, and I apologize for that.

I am disappointed that no one respected my instructions in the OP: “Please message me before creating a solution in order to avoid duplication of efforts”, and it became a free for all of people posting, something I also wanted to avoid. I ended up having to go with the flow and respond to solutions offered as they appeared.

In the end @inmysocks gave me what I needed before anyone else did, and I decided to go with that, as I indicated with a comment or two above. I am still waiting to hear from him whether he wants the payment directly or as a donation to TW development.

If I learned anything from this, it is that in the future if I do this again, I will only offer to make donations to TW development in exchange for the solution. I have benefited from this forum, and previously Google groups, for years, and I am just trying to give back a little bit. I also have a personal motive: to force me to slow down and ask for less help. I have to want it bad enough that I am willing to pay for it.

I apologize again for not acknowledging your comment and answering you, and I want to thank you and everyone else who posted here to help me with this.

1 Like

oh, I wasn’t paying enough attention to really process the part where compensation was offered, I just wanted the notifications to stop because it was distracting.
So I guess just put it into the TW development thing. I wasn’t aware there was a TW development fund that can be donated to.

2 Likes
  • I understand, but then I have wanted my own solution, and wanted to explore it, with nothing to do with the bounty. I am confident I did not duplicate anything.
  • That is fine, no need to apologise, I was more concerned with you answering in a timely manner, so I could see if what I suggested was useful to you, nothing more nothing less.

I am very happy you have a solution from @inmysocks I will have to try it myself, by the way my solution made use of the details widget of @telmiger anyway, but by adding smarts to the selection of the state tiddler.

• The diversity of approaches and solutions is a testament to the flexibility of tiddlywiki and the skills of the community.

Tony

2 Likes

It is still an experiment in exploring alternative revenue models and means of funding community work and supporting community infrastructure (like this forum):

4 Likes

I have been using TW for nearly 18 years, first time knowing there is a way to contribute by donating. just did my first donation, really apprecate the tool, even I only use basic features, it has been great fun and great help!

3 Likes