Width and height of pdf tiddlers

I have many tiddlers that are of the type application/pdf. The pdfs show up fine, taking the full width of the tiddlers. I want to be able to set the height of the embedded pdf so that some pdf can show up with its full height without the scrollbar. I dont see any setting for this. Is it possible to set the width and/or height of the embedded pdf in a tiddler?

Just a suggestion
Make the tiddler height taller and the pdf may expand to fit it. Try a custom CSS in a stylesheet and assign it to the tiddler using the class field.

Hi @TW_Tones , Thanks for the tip. I tried creating the following sytesheet class:

.tallpdf{
height: 1000px;
}

Then on the tiddler with type application/pdf I assigned the class tallpdf. The tiddler body is tall as expected, but it seems the embedded pdf has a fixed height :frowning: Perhaps height is not the the right property to control the pdf height?

Hello Pak,
this may be of some help.
Tobias Beer solution suggests using a helper macro and an iFrame.

Embedded External PDF

tb5 — Welcome

$ _.tb_macros_pdf.json (5.7 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Scot , Wow it works! I followed your link and use <embed> tag. Now I can control the height of pdf. Thank you!

BTW I just discovered that embedded pdf in TW does not show up correctly in Safari. It appeared as a static non-scrollable image. In Chrome it works fine. Perhaps it’s something to do with the user interface that displays the embedded pdf.

2 Likes

Glad to here it was useful.
Tobias has contributed a lot to the TW community.
His site has a lot of solutions that are useful to users no matter what their level of TW knowledge.

Tried to import the macro, but get this error:

Any ideas?

It seems the name got mangled in the json export process. But the macro tiddler seems to import fine if you go to the source – at

https://tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#%24%3A%2F.tb%2Fmacros%2Fpdf

– and drag it from there.

I did this already…

What else is needed? - changing the height value in the macro has no effect to the imported pdf tiddler.

Hi @StS . This is my current solution to show pdf with controllable width and height. It works fine for me. You can try it on tiddlywiki.com

\define pdfembed(src height:600 width:100%)
<embed src='$src$' type="application/pdf" width=$width$ height=$height$/>
\end

<<pdfembed "https://www.africau.edu/images/default/sample.pdf" height:400>>

Hello @Pak.
This works fine for this pdf.

When I import a local pdf-file than the tiddler uses only half of the screen height.
I’m asking for a setting, that all imported pdfs have the same tiddler height without extra coding.

This works for me:

.tc-tiddler-body > embed, .tc-tiddler-body > iframe { width: 100%; height: 950px; }