Why not use tree macro instead of plugin content view

<<tree $:/plugins/oeyoews/dmeo/>>

3 Likes

I suppose its tradition but the contents tab is a virtual one, not included in the plugin itself, so no harm adding it.

Can you share the mods you made?

However we may want to present more information

Note: Not all plugins will use the $:/../.. naming rules but the majority do.

• Perhaps this fix could be included “closed” above the content listing on the contents tab?

I have a variation that also displays each tiddlers tags with tag pills

and other extension’s are available.
see the size details at the bottom of the image

This is cool, I will add it in my plugins. And maybe you can try make a PR to the core.

I don’t quite understand how the contents tiddler works, so I simply added a new tab

<$macrocall $name="tree" prefix={{{ [<currentTiddler>addsuffix[/]] }}}>

Hello oeyoews,

There is one difference:

• with the contents tab you only see tiddlers really included in the plugin
  • with the tree macro you can also see any added tiddlers under the tree root.
    For instance, if you have created a noy yet packaged tiddler (if you directly develop in the html version) or if a user has created a $:/plugins/oeyoews/dmeo/style-hack tiddler to modify the base style.

In my plugins, I have added a similar “explore” tab to display the tree view:
For instance: Notebook — 2022 - SKh

BR,

Eskha

I think it needs to be a new tab, since the tree macro does not cover elements that are outside the “prefix” parameter.

It would be needed to create a tree macro that only uses the current tiddler content as the prefix and it should start in “expand everything” mode.

I was just thinking rather than add this to the plugin view provide an info tab (behind info button) that displays for any tiddler that has “/” in its title, a tab containing the tree for that tiddler.

• With a toggle to display on the view template above the tiddler body

Just open the plugin tiddler itself if you want to browse it as a tree, this has the added benefit of not implying it is a tree of all plugin tiddlers, when some may not be in the tree. We can then develop this further with;

• detection of the top (existing) tiddler etc…
  • Suggested “new sub tiddler” title eg /readme - click to create
  • And more because its not tied only to plugins

What do you think? @oeyoews ?

1 Like