Why limit replies?

"No more than 3 consecutive replies are allowed."

Why is this imposed on me in Discourse?

I wanted to add to a thread, replying to @boris but was blocked …

Journaling methods are vast; with a long history prior to the net. I do agree with you in expand scope for journaling. IMO, it needs a dedicated “edition / exampler”, that tiddlwiki.com can’t possibly provide.

TT

I think it should help to prevent spam. A spammer can only write 3 posts in 1 thread and then has to stop. … If others read the thread they will identify the spam and it can be removed. …

I also had this issue once. For me it was possible to edit my first post and add the content of the second post to it. So I had 1 more left :slight_smile:

I know with your posts that wouldn’t make too much sense, since it is a reply to 3 different posts from different users. … But it would be possible to reply to several users in 1 post … I also think that’s sub-optimal.

I think it’s a very similar measure than the 20 character limit. 20 chars disallows posts with an eg: +1 in it, because we have the emojis for this type of posts.

I personally would like to up the limit to eg: 5 and we will see what happens.

1 Like

FYI, five would work for me. Seems reasonable. I do see the need for a spam limiter. But it should be workable too, without cramping legitimate posters.

2 cents, TT

I did up the limit to 5 for the moment, with the possibility to set it back to 3. …

Discourse favours longer posts instead of many short ones. … There may be a reason and a discussion somewhere, but I’m to lazy to search for it :wink:

1 Like

Just FYI, I do tend to want to reply to individuals individually rather than in mega-group-posts. :slight_smile:

Many TX. It let me complete what I wanted to post.