Why I cannot install the Kookma plugins?

I don’t know why I can’t install the Kookma plugins either by dragging and dropping $:/plugins/kookma/utility into my wiki or using the plugin library.

How to solve it?

Welcome to the forum vastlander!

Do you have a recent TW version? I see that the utility plugin requires version >=5.2.3.

Yes, my version is 5.2.7.

When I drag the plugin to tw, the Import tiddler opens, and I hit import. That creates a new Tiddler with a hyperlink to the plugin. But that’s it. No new plugins are installed.

Which browser are you using?

If you are using Safari, try using a different browser.

I have used Safari, Firefox, TiddlyDesktop on Mac and Quine on iOS, but failed on all of this.

There is a known issue with importing from wiki to another in Safari on OSX but there have been no reports so far of issues in other browsers.

You can also export the plugin tiddler (from the view toolbar export option as json) and then import into your wiki by drag and drop, or by using the import option in the Tools sidebar tab.

2 Likes

I downloaded empty.html from tiddlywiki.com/empty.html and using Chrome on OSX I was able to import the plugin from Utility 2.6.1 — utility kit for authors and developers via drag and drop.

2 Likes

Million Thanks! I tried your method and succeeded in installing the plugin!!