What is the name of default layout? Is it "Story River"?

I’m adding “Back to Default Layout” button to my layouts (which I think means full screen apps).

But that caption is too long, I’m considering “Back to Story”. So what is exactly the name of default layout?

1. Story View
  2. Story List
  3. Story Layout
  4. Story
  5. Story River

Hi @linonetwo the default layout is currently called “Default PageTemplate” in the UI. It is a bit confusing that it uses the term “page template” instead of “layout”, and so I wouldn’t be against changing it.

If we were to give it a more descriptive name, I’d probably go for “Classic Layout”, or “Standard Layout”, but would be open to suggestions.

We have “story views” which alters ONLY the way the story is displayed, what is your layout changing?

The current default page template is listed in Settings, Appearance layout as “Default PageTempIate - the default TiddlyWiki layout”, so “default TiddlyWiki layout” may seem the way to go.

• Page Templates, and layouts for that matter, are really, only a way to do something, so I suppose the question is what are you using different page layouts to do?
  • However here are some ideas.

As I understand it this button is to reverse a custom layout?, so you could use something like “restore layout”, “reset layout” which implies return to default, or say you are in “column layout” use “exit layout” or “exit column layout” to return to default.

Sometimes people also refer to the default as vanilla, eg “vanilla layout”.

We could call a combination of layout + theme view. Thus use named views, vanilla view or default view.

I think layout will change the way we render tiddler (use completely different ViewTemplate and EditTemplate). While we might still use the official ViewTemplate and EditTemplate in other “story views”?

Here is an example TW Calendar — Tiddlywiki Calendar Widget and Page Layout displaying tiddlers on calendar and agenda, based on created, modified, startDate and endDate fields on tiddlers.

Doesn’t it look like apps? Especially when using it on mobile where you can only open one app fullscreen at a time.

Yes, on normal OS we will return to “Desktop” or “App Launcher”, but since Tiddlywiki is a card note OS, we will return to the classical layout.

The “classical” means we’ve used this for a long time. But since what is “default” is ruled by people, so I think it is more like a “standard”.