What is the Build command to deploy with Netifly

Hi there

I am trying to deploy a via netifly but I getting the “build” command failed.

I’m trying to understand why you would deploy via netifly. It seems like it wants the entire TW fork, which is much more than you need to deploy a TW page via Github (assuming that’s what you want). With github, you just set up your repository, create a gh-pages branch, and copy your working TW file there.

If you did want to build your output file on netifly, then it would have to be some build command like:

node tiddlywiki.js mytwsite --build index

But this would only make sense if you had your own fork of TW and initialized your own working directory.

Will netifly let you stipulate your own custom build command? Will netifly let you install tiddlywiki (per the tiddlywiki.com instructions) ?

You’ll want to read up on static publishing and decide which commands to run. Netlify won’t auto-detect a TiddlyWiki.

You could check in a NodeJS / single tiddler mode and build into a static site.

What are you trying to build?

Netlify has more features and options and paid plans which GitHub Pages does not. For instance it has serverless functions.

There are many site publishing platforms (Heroku, Render, Vercel, Cloudflare Pages) that people might want to build to.