What is ' ' in filter expression?

'HelloThere GettingStarted [[Customise TiddlyWiki]]' +[enlist-input[]]

from https://tiddlywiki.com/#enlist-input%20Operator%20(Examples)

Do you know what is the ' around 'HelloThere GettingStarted [[Customise TiddlyWiki]]'? I haven’t seen this before until today I want to use enlist-input[] operator.

I see… They are short for [title[...]]. in https://tiddlywiki.com/#Filter%20Run
So this syntax is not what I’m looking for.

I’m looking for an operator that can output title with [[ ]] if it has space in it.

For example HelloThere GettingStarted [[Customise TiddlyWiki]] +[some-operator[]] that gaves HelloThere GettingStarted [[Customise TiddlyWiki]]

So my [<taskTitle>get[calendar_tag]!is[blank]else{$:/plugins/linonetwo/intention-tower-knowledge-graph/Config/default-calendar-entry-tag}] [<taskTitle>] will output correctly even when some title have space.

format:titlelist[] is what I want.

HelloThere GettingStarted [[Customise TiddlyWiki]] +[format:titlelist[]]

Use set widget also works, and can avoid problem when sometimes currentTiddler is polluted when using {{{ }}} syntax:

<$set name=tags filter="[<currentTiddler>get[calendar_tag]!is[blank]else{$:/plugins/linonetwo/intention-tower-knowledge-graph/Config/default-calendar-entry-tag}] [<currentTiddler>]">
  <$calendar defaultTags=<<tags>> hideToolbar="yes" height="600px" initialView="timeGridWeek" filter="[all[tiddlers]!is[system]field:calendarEntry[yes]]" />
</$set>

'title with spaces', "title with spaces" and [[title with spaces]] does the same thing.

1 Like

Keep in mind this is an unlikely usage, what it is doing is to group a set of titles into a single string to illustrate how the enlist returns it to a list of titles.

'HelloThere GettingStarted [[Customise TiddlyWiki]]' +[enlist-input[]]

We could also do this;

\define my-list() HelloThere GettingStarted [[Customise TiddlyWiki]]
\function my-list2 () HelloThere GettingStarted [[Customise TiddlyWiki]] +[join[]]
\function my-list3 () "HelloThere GettingStarted [[Customise TiddlyWiki]]"
  • The last is untested by me just now.

and we can then enlist these.

1 Like

Now I see, it illustrate how the enlist returns it to a list of titles from a single title.

2 Likes