We need statistics

A competing product has a nice page of stats:

It would be great to have stats, but also demographics by region. In fact, I wonder if user stats by region could be available for discourse?

I think there can be an analytic plugin that is shipped with the wiki but disabled by default? And tell people can open it to help tw or something. And data can be automatically shared in the forum every week.

1 Like

I’m open to gathering more statistics! I removed the Google Analytics plugin to avoid having to add a cookie banner to tiddlywiki.com.

I do get some pretty thin stats via GitHub. Here’s what I see for GitHub - Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5: A self-contained JavaScript wiki for the browser, Node.js, AWS Lambda etc. -

And here’s GitHub - TiddlyWiki/TiddlyDesktop: A custom desktop browser for TiddlyWiki 5 and TiddlyWiki Classic, based on nw.js -

I get this listing of viewcounts from my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/jeremyruston -total views is currently 312,542

I think there are also analytics for the TiddlyWiki twitter account, but I haven’t checked them out recently.

1 Like

Hi @jeremyruston

Nearly every site I visit nowadays has a “consent banner” … I don’t think it is the “off-put” it used to be.

Just a comment, TT