Use game engine / rust / wasm in Tiddlywiki

Online demo: 游戏太微 — 游戏化你在知识库里的所有操作。通过完成待办事项赚取经验值和金币!通过你在知识库中的第二人生激励你真正的人生!
This is a project for Any gamification plugin? - #2 by arunnbabu81 , currently not started, I’m still investigating the tech that powers it, so the “game” only renders a few shapes on the canvas now.
The translation is done using features in feat: t macro and docs by linonetwo · Pull Request #7821 · Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 · GitHub

See How to load wasm module? · Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 · Discussion #7947 · GitHub for how to load WASM (can be regarded as the .exe file browserified) in the wiki.

I think this will make it easier to create game on the Wiki in the future (solves Is it Possible to Implement a Chess Game in Tiddlywiki )

Games on TW?! Will it play DOOM?!

1 Like

Lol, oh, please let the memes live on. If TiddlyWiki can play doom, that will cement it as the best software bar none. Can’t do that with OneNote or Obsidian :rofl:

Edit: WAIT

We can use JavaScript libraries to emulate older systems, I’ve tinkered with GBA and DS emulation in browser, it even runs very well on mobile devices, I’m going to see if I can find the library for it.

Ding Ding, Github library found here!

1 Like

While it is possible to load any game with wasm (especially those written with rust), I’m more focusing on combine game and wiki to create a gamification environment for user. Demo website contains my thoughts on this.

And my notes on demo site are translated to English. Without feat: t macro and docs by linonetwo · Pull Request #7821 · Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 · GitHub I can’t do this, so I hope it can be reviewed soon! @jeremyruston

1 Like