Upload/download Binaries with TiddlyWiki

Folks,

I understand when a binary file such as an executable is imported into tiddlywiki it is encoded and saved. If there an existing tool or method do decode and generate the source binary file again so if can be downloaded and executed? eg of type=application/x-msdownload

Of course other binary files such as image etc…

Alternatively perhaps a button that initiates downloading from a “URL to the executable”.

Why?

This is a useful way to include essential components for Guided install such as Timimi saver etc…

if may also;

Allow us to repurpose binary content in other solutions by making tiddlywiki a source (of embedded files) that can be downloaded locally.

Note:

Along with such a solution I will develop so tools to allow such binaries to not display the content including in the editor, store its source filename and recommended download location.

• The file downloads plugin would also work well with this for external binary tiddlers.

Hi @TW_Tones

If you drop most binary files into TiddlyWiki and import them as a tiddler then you’ll see a big yellow download button when displaying the tiddler.

Transcluding a binary tiddler into another tiddler will show the big yellow download button.

1 Like

Thanks @jeremyruston I have seen that, But not for the executable I got from Timimi. I see the title can be the filename but can we save executables?

Is this download different to standard exports?, I imagine so.

I also want to use TW to manage my PDF and words, so I created a plugin 我的 ~TiddlyWiki — 一个非线性的网页式笔记

That will call TidGi 's electron api to open the file, so I can open embedded PDF with system reader.

What happens when you import the Timini executable into TiddlyWiki? Browsers may well restrict saving files with the .exe extension, but TiddlyWiki should handle them.

The process here is ultimately the same as the export process: the core builds a base64 representation of the content, puts it in a data URI, and triggers a click to force a download of the file.