Upgrade to core blocked

Wherever I try to upgrade my wiki from 5.2.2 to 5.2.3, it says that $:/core is a blocked plugin due to incoming 5.2.2 not being newer than existing 5.2.3. I’m just a bit confused on how this works. Am I still getting any updates to the core, or is it not being updated?

If you reload the wiki (now), what version does it say it is?

It says 5.2.3 now after the upgrade. I just wasn’t sure if everything was getting upgraded, because of the blocked message. I’m guessing it’s blocked because the core is just completely swapped out for the new one during upgrades?

just a guess, but I’m thinking maybe you mistakenly dropped the file two times somehow and it objected the second time.

I just tried it again (carefully) with my backup copy and it says the same thing.

I tried it with the file-picker as well and got the same result.

I just opened the upgrader clicked and browsed to my key wiki, upgraded and saved back to my key wiki (which has backups) and all went fine.

OK, I think you might be highlighting a quirk about the upgrader. Is this what you get:

I believe this happens because on the upgrader page, what one is doing is to “import” ones own (old) wiki into the latest version. So you really are trying to overwrite the latest core plugin with an older one.

Is this what you’re doing? This is all as it should be - but, undeniably, not very elegant.

Yes, that is what I’m seeing. That makes sense now. I initially was thinking that the upgrade would update my outdated modules, but it sounds like it just doesn’t import my outdated modules.

Thank you for the clarification!