Unicode Emoji picker for Editor Toolbar

Tiddlywiki-Emoji-Picker.json (38.0 KB)

UPDATE: The first version I uploaded had a problem where it would lockup the Tiddlywiki, because it was searching on the fly as you typed, which was hanging things up. This version now requires you to hit the enter key or click the search icon to perform the search.

UPDATE 2: Thanks to Charlie_Veniot for letting me know that ChromeOS users have a popup emoji option as well.

ChromeOS users (Chrome OS92 or newer) can access the system emoji picker with the Search or Launcher key + Shift Key + Space key combo.

But it does not hurt to have multiple options :grinning:

ORIGINAL POST:
Windows users can access the system emoji picker with the [WIN+.] key combo, but for the rest of us on Linux, ChromeOS, etc, that is not an option.

This is a json to import 4 little tiddlers that create an Emoji Picker in the Editor Toolbar as well as displaying it in the SideBar, so it is accessible in two locations.

Just drag the json onto your Tiddlywiki and you are good to go.

When you select an emoji from the Editor, it will place the emoji at the cursor spot as well as copying it to the clipboard for immediate pasting elsewhere.

You can edit the dictionary tiddler to expand on the keywords used to represent each emoji if you like. Just add an additional keyword next to the emoji with an underscore “_” to attach it to the existing keywords.

1 Like

ChromeOS users (Chrome OS92 or newer) can access the system emoji picker with the Search or Launcher key + Shift Key + Space key combo.

Wow, you learn something new everyday… thanks for letting me know!

The picker tiddlers are not large, so it’s still nice to have multiple options.

Thanks again.

Agreed.

There’s also the right-clicky Chrome context menu with the emoji menu item at the top of the menu item list.

It is nice, though, to have something visible to click on. Good stuff.

Man, that REALLY makes it easy to access. I have no idea why I didn’t know about this before.

Pff, mine is a Chromebooks-only household for the last 7 years or so, and I’m still making discoveries all of the time, nowhere near able to keep up with the new goodies that regularly pop up.