[tw5] What is Red "Draft of" button at lower left on page load?

I am using version 5.1.19 and have used TW for many years, but I have never seen this red button before in the lower left of the page. It says “Draft of” followed by the title of my latest Tiddler. I saw this immediately the next day when I started my computer because my Chrome auto populates a couple of TiddlyWiki files every time Chrome initially opens.

TW_Draft_of.png

My search in all the GitHub open and closed issues and also within in this group’s conversations didn’t turn up any information on this red “Draft of” button anywhere.

When I clicked the button, the button disappeared and that Tiddler opened.

What causes this?

I tried to save the file (improperly I know) by just using “Save as” and that merely corrupted the file, I saw no button. Then I tried a couple of other things to attempt to produce this button on load again but was unable to.

So now I’m curious what action created the red button? I’m thinking that Chrome may have done something if my system applied an update and restarted, but I just don’t know.

Thank you for any insight that someone can give,

-Doug

1 Like

TW_Draft_of.png

My search in all the GitHub open and closed issues and also within in this group’s conversations didn’t turn up any information on this red “Draft of” button anywhere.

When I clicked the button, the button disappeared and that Tiddler opened.

What causes this?

That info should prevent data loss of tiddlers stored in “Draft mode” and opened a second time for editing, while the “old” edit isn’t saved yet. … So if you save a wiki with a tiddler in edit-mode and close the edit-template from the story river it will show up as this “reminder tab”.

There have been some users which left 10 and more tiddlers in edit mode and forgot about them. If the wiki was opened eg: 10 days later, they wondered, where the new data has been gone, because they opened the “old tiddler” and forgot about the draft.

hope that makes it clear
Mario

If you are editing a tiddler and that tiddler is removed from the StoryRiver without ending the active edit, you get a “red button” for that tiddler. Clicking the red button re-displays the tiddler editor in the StoryRiver so you can continue editing.

Here’s an example of how to produce this effect:

On https://TiddlyWiki.com, press “+” in the sidebar to begin editing “New Tiddler”. Then, from the sidebar “open” tab (where all tiddlers currently displayed in the StoryRiver are listed), click on the “X” next to “Draft of ‘New Tiddler’” to remove that tiddler from the StoryRiver without ending the active edit. A red button will appear in the lower-left of the page.

Notes:

• You can actually have multiple red buttons, one for each tiddler that is still in edit mode but is not currently shown in the StoryRiver.
  • If you save the file with a red button displayed, the red button condition will be saved as well. Re-opening your TiddlyWiki will continue to show the red button until you click on it and properly end the editing by pressing the done (checkmark) button in the tiddler editor.