[tw5] Twiddlywiki 5.2.1- Trouble With Importing Plugins

Good evening,

Attempted to import, for example, the tiddlymap plugin. I am using the latest version of Firefox on Monterey. After following the instructions and refreshing the page, the tiddlymap does not appear. I am not certain what is going on. Any suggestions would be apprecated.

Kind regards,
-tim

What save mechanism are you using?

I open the Tiddlwiki in Firefox and import the plugins. I click save and refresh.

If you donā€™t have a save mechanism installed then when you click on ā€œsaveā€ what gets saved is a downloaded version of your program. You have to open that downloaded copy (from your downloads) to see your newly installed plugin.

If you find the ā€˜manualā€™ save mechanism that Mark mentions inconvenient then you might like to take a look at TiddlyDesktop which gives a more convenient save mechanism together with an autosave backup feature - a similar feature for your mobile device is Tiddloid, I run them both - TiddlyDesktop on my Linux laptop and Tiddloid on my android phone - although they are different apps I find the experience of using them alternately seamless, the only manual operation being exporting the odd updated tiddler from my mobile devices to my laptop master - I just finished updating my master after being on vacation where I only had my phone with me.

Donā€™t think badly of Tiddlywiki for the awkward manual save mechanism - it is a consequence of the fact that TiddlyWiki is designed to run as a single, standalone HTML file which is what makes it so portable - your browser is designed to protect you and that is why the save mechanism ends up being a regular browser download file with your consent being necessary - Tiddlywiki is in effect just another webpage and no-one wants general webpages downloading files to their machine adhoc.

1 Like

Mark,

Thank you for your direction.

Thank you, Jon.