[tw5] TiddlyWiki CSS Class Builder

Now that I’ve thought a bit about architecture, usage, process …

I hope this “non-silent” video is more informative: TiddlyWiki CSS Class Builder (audio follow-up to the previous silent video) - YouTube

If you are interested in this kind of thing, let me know.

3 Likes

Okay, it makes much more sense, now, with the narration :wink:

I like the idea of the interface to enter and change the CSS values and be able to see them in real-time – much easier!
And the ability to drag/drop your CSS Class Tiddler into other TiddlyWiki’s is a definite plus (although I don’t envision myself using it in that capacity very much, as I only deal with a small number of discrete wiki’s, and would probably just add the main ‘app’ to each one).

Hope you keep interest in this project – Will be watching it :slight_smile:

–Zaphod

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Narration does not to me easily happen, especially when I’ve got all of these “dots” and haven’t quite figured out how they are (or should be) connected.

Big surprise to me: actually doing a dry and silent early run-through video actually got the wheels of this old sponge spinning pretty quickly: dots became clearer, connections materialised. Huh. Who woulda thunk it?

I quickly “feel” (yeah, I suffer from sensory overload) the weight of TiddlyWiki size-creep, as every committed/unchanged byte gets saved and resaved, loaded and reloaded, over and over and over again Hence my natural inclination to build this thing as a stand-alone tool for building things meant to be then deployed wherever needed (kind of like modular homes, built in a warehouse somewhere, and then deployed to the final location when done.)

But I will set up an easy option for anybody to drag and drop “all of the functionality” into any TiddlyWiki instance.

Cheers !

1 Like

Nice work! I like the looks of the tool so far a lot! This is coming from a perspective of completely re-wickering my TW’s look and feel so this would be quite handy at the moment.

Thanks!

BTW: Not too focused just yet on “pretty.” (Well, a little bit of lipstick applied when and where it is quick and easy, or when I find something just too painfully distracting to suffer.)

Right now, just focusing on adding functionality as a way of identifying the functionality. (Bit analysis outside of the trenches done in some document: not my cup o’ tea. I prefer get my hands dirty with immediate prototyping.)

I’ll throw a version of this TiddlyWiki out later today so folk can play.

Forgot to mention. This will be a case of eating my own dog-food.

i.e. as I build this tool, the tool itself will be used to generate the CSS for the tool.

As per the screenshot below, I’m going to want my buttons to appear a certain way. To get there, I have to setup the functionality in the tool to generate the CSS I need. That’s a nice little motivator…