[tw5] The best kind of documentation let's you try your own snippets of code

This feature in BASIC Anywhere Machine’s Programming Reference only because TiddlyWiki makes it so easy to setup.

:new: Programming Reference: feature to try your own code next to code snippets

1 Like

As I’m in the process of rejigging the navigation setup for the BASIC Anywhere Machine documentation, I’m creating some introductory info to describe this ability to run sample code and try out your own.

See the Demonstration Programs and Runs topic.

Although TiddlyWiki does a good job at creating static sites, the loss of dynamic features can be a real bummer.

I think this TiddlyWiki instance does a decent job at keeping the dynamic goodness of TiddlyWiki while presenting the content in a somewhat traditional website look and feel

Mind you, quick performance with a low footprint, one can’t beat a static website.

1 Like

It looks sharp and runs nicely.

Hey, thank-you much for giving that a spin!

It is always great to know that something working on my device actually works on somebody else’s device too !

I had to do this prototype before I go out and get some sunshine.

Give it a spin: https://basicanywheremachine.neocities.org/BAM_ProgReference?target=Introduction%3A%3ADemonstration%20Programs%20and%20Runs#Home

The KWL button pops open a new window, feeding it the current program. That window parses the program, finds keywords, and dynamically generates the buttons for those keywords. The buttons open the keyword documentation as a modal in the “Keywords and Symbols Lookup” window.

2 screenshots below related to the “KWL” (KeyWord Lookup) button

1 Like