[tw5] Spell checking in Linux TiddlyDesktop

I moved my tablet from Windows to Linux (Fedora) and everything is working smoothly, with the exception of spell checking when editing within TiddlyDesktop itself (V15 prelease 2). Spell checking while editing the same wiki in Firefox works fine and it worked in TD, same wiki, in WIndows and MacOS.

Is there anything I need to do special to get this to work on Fedora?

Thanks.

Lisa

1 Like

Works on my Linux xubuntu TD v14.

Thoughts.

Sometimes it’s better to get the release at the release point (e.g. v14), rather than a pre-release which might be in an indeterminate state.

Possibly it “borrows” from the local Chrome installation. Does spell-check work when you run chrome or chromium ?

Thanks for the suggestions. I installed Chrome, and while it did spell check with in Chrome itself (similar to Firefox), it didn’t improve things on the TD front. Next I downgraded to 14 and got the same results, no spelling error flagging.

Lisa

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “TiddlyWiki” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to . To view this discussion on the web visit .

1 Like

I’ve forgotten all the steps I’ve taken.

Whatever package manager Fedora uses, check if you have “Hunspell” installed. Apparently Electron apps use Hunspell by default, so if you have that installed TD might come to life (it might take a reboot).

P.S. Is that a bike in your avatar?

Isn’t that the way of things, I’m constantly forgetting the steps I took on things and hoping I don’t have to repeat it.

Hunspell either came in Fedora or got sucked in by something along the way.

The profile pic is me sailing, though not on my current boat.

Lisa

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “TiddlyWiki” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to . To view this discussion on the web visit .

My guess is that chromium can’t find hunspell. Possibly it’s set up differently in Fedora.

Can you launch hunspell from the command line ? (ctl-c to break out)

If you launch tiddlydesktop from the command line, are there any errors or warnings re spellchecker?

Good luck!