[tw5] Re: [Plugin] Presenting TW5-Uglify! Plugin compression the TiddlyWIki way!

Thank you Flibbles ! I use your plugin for TW 5.2.0 + replace svg icons by fontawesome (I use it my projects) TW5 become 1.2 Mb

Is it possible to compress it more an make 1 mb TW 5.2.0?

вторник, 19 января 2021 г. в 23:26:32 UTC+3, Flibbles:

(Attachment empty_compressed2.html is missing)

Hey All!

You know what TW5-Uglify was missing? A nice, easy-to-use uglify wizard.

Before, if you wanted to compress your standalone tiddlywiki file, you had to follow a whole bunch of steps like some kind of recovery program. Now, just visit the wizard and drag your files on. It’s build from a retrofitted tiddlywiki updated, but it works pretty well. Also, I’ve revamped the demo site’s presentation in order to be much more concise and straight forward. Hopefully this’ll help this plugin get the adoption it deserves.

Siniy-Kit: <1mb is super ambitious. But as it turns out, I’ve been considering compressing WikiText. I’ve thought a lot about it, and there are ways to do it, though I don’t think we’ll get nearly the trimming we get by compressing javascript.

1 Like

And now, because I know you’ve all been waiting for it, CSS compression!

Uglify handles both your javascript and your static css files now. The gains aren’t much, but it’s a necessary step on the path to wikitext uglifying.

1 Like