[tw5] Missing Tiddlers

The Missing tiddlers section on the side bar ($:/core/ui/MoreSideBar/Missing) is great, but it seams to only be populated by references in the “text” field of a tiddler. I have a whole host of fields that I am transcluding that have square bracket tiddler’s in them that don’t exist and no way to know or check that I have not missed any.

I have a todo tag and a todo tiddler that I am using to track most of this, so I don’t need to change the missing tiddler tiddler (though that might be the easiest way)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ross Table wrote:

The Missing tiddlers section on the side bar
($:/core/ui/MoreSideBar/Missing) is great, but it seams to only be
populated by references in the “text” field of a tiddler. I have a
whole host of fields that I am transcluding that have square bracket
tiddler’s in them that don’t exist and no way to know or check that I
have not missed any.

The Relink Plugin re does this for the list field. If that doesn’t
cover your needs, you might be able to look at its implementation to
figure out how it does so.

Note that it doesn’t change the Missing tab but simply adds a Relink Missing one.

I would suggest that you do this by whitelisting fields you want to
check rather than blacklisting the others, because something always
seems to sneak in, and then you’ll be listing #ffccff as a missing
tiddler because some tiddler had that for it’s color value.

– Scott

The relink plugin has a lot of configuration options. So IMO it’s not needed to have a look at the code. Just carefully read the documentation and have a closer look about the config options that allow you to search custom fields for tiddler links.

Thankyou Both!!! After some fighting with the configuration I managed to get exactly what I asked for!! Just have a Crap ton of broken references or non-existent tiddlers to deal with now sigh