[tw5] List not working anymore when I enter // into the text

Hi @all,

I´m currently creating a guideline with the help of the list function in a tiddler. That means I use this formatting:

• Item 1
    ** Subitem 1
    ** Subitem 2
  • Item 2
  • Item 3

Now I want to enter a path to start a steam game as an example (for example the path steam://rungameid/251570). But when I enter this into the text, the list function is not working anymore. This means that all list items above of this link are working but after the link they are all written as text in italic and I can´t see the dots of the list.

I found out that the two // are the problem. When I remove one of them, the list is working again.
So my question is, can I prevent somehow that the two // are deactivating the list function and creating an italic text? A link to a website (https://…) can be entered everywhere in the text without any problems…

Best regards
heusmich

The immediate solution is to use ext for your Steam link:

[ext[steam://rungameid/251570]]

This syntax is described in Linking in WikiText.

If you didn’t want a link, another solution would be to use single backticks around the text containing the //.

This problem actually doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that you’re writing a list. //, outside of a few situations where TiddlyWiki recognizes a URL (the steam: protocol is evidently not one of them) starts italics, as you’ve found. Italics are an inline-mode element (that is, they can’t continue across multiple paragraphs, list items, and so on). With an inline-mode element open, other block-level formatting (list, code block, paragraph, etc.) is suspended until the italics are closed. See Block Mode and Inline Mode for details on this.

G’day heusmich,

Just a few “//” options. For the giggles, download attached and drag into TiddlyWiki.com (or any wiki) for import of sample tiddler.

Cheers !

A Few SlashSlash Options.json (340 Bytes)

Oops. By any wiki, I do mean any “TiddlyWiki”.

What can I say, I like TiddlyWiki so much, I forget about the other ones …

Hi,

Try this

\rules except italic

The \rules except italic will disable the wikitext to render //italic// text for that tiddler. But it will allow you to easily work with URL paths

-mario

Thank you all for your responses, now it´s working!

Best regards
heusmich