[tw5] How to share permalink that does not show sidebar?

I’d like to share one tiddler with other people but hide the sidebar and all other tiddlers from people. Is this possible? How would I do that?

Thank you! Have a great weekend!

Try this : https://github.com/Telumire/TiddlyTweaks/releases/download/FullScreenTiddler/FullScreenTiddler.json

1 Like

Note that this will hide all UI element except for the content of the tiddler you link to. If you want to also display the title of the tiddler, go to “FullScreenTiddler/ViewTemplate” and replace <$transclude/> with <$transclude tiddler="$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate"/>. That way you will get the full tiddler UI.

Thank you. What do I do with the json file? Do I import it into a Tiddler?

Sorry I should have explain how to add this file into your wiki :

• download the json file
  • open your tiddlywiki
  • drag & drop the json file inside it (the message “drop now” should appear at the top of the page). If you use tiddlywiki on mobile, you can use the import button (under the Tools tab in the sidebar) and select the json file. See https://tiddlywiki.com/#Importing%20Tiddlers if you need more info. If you want you can prefix the imported tiddlers with “$:/” to hide them from the standard search.
  • a tiddler named “$:/Import” will open, listing several tiddlers starting with FullScreen/…
  • click on “import”, save your wiki and you are done ! You should see a link icon appear on each tiddler.

If you click it, you will copy a link to that tiddler to your clipboard.
This link will open the targeted tiddler in “fullscreen”, you will only be able to see the content of the tiddler and nothing else.

Note that it is still possible to access the full wiki by modifying the url !
Do not use this if you want to keep part of your wiki private!

3 Likes

Let me know if you have more questions / if you encounter an issue

Sorry for the triple post, I juste realised that in some case the tiddler will not be wikified properly. To fix it, you need to edit FullScreenTiddler/ViewTemplate (with the preview disabled otherwise the preview will cover the whole screen) and add “mode=block” in the transclude widget :

<$tiddler tiddler={{{ [{!!title}removeprefix[$:/temp/fullscreen/]] }}}>
<div class='tc-tiddler-fullscreen'>
<$transclude mode="block"/>
</div>
</$tiddler>

Alternatively, you can redownload the json file and repeat the installation, I’ve updated the json file to correct the issue.

Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it. :slight_smile: