[tw5] How to increase the line height of content in editor?

Sorry it is a quite naive question, to me the line height in tiddle editor (the gray area) is too small when writing lists. I played with “Line height” and “Line height for tiddle” and it seems to make no difference.

What is the right way to do it? Thanks very much!

Hi,

I’m not really sure, what you mean. Can you post a screenshot, where your problem is
-m

Sorry for the unclear description, a screen shot is attached. I would like to increare the line height in the grey input area, i.e., the line height of “test1”, “list2”, or “* list1” etc.

I have trouble to see the image, so try it again here.

I think it is possible, but the editor is covered in an iframe. … So I think it will need to change some core code. I think it’s not possible to change it with CSS from the main wiki.

-mario

I tried to get it @Chunxuan, but my CSS skills are very beginner, but I think I’m close. With the below I can change the color of the text-area, but the height doesn’t seem to work. (Ah pmario just posted while I’m writing this - he knows a lot more about this than I do, but I’ll still post this just in case it’s useful for other customizations)

Ha! @Birthe / strikke… I was WAY OFF - wrong type of height - whoops! Thanks for saving the day.

For my own curiosity, do you know of how to get to the height (rather than the actually asked-for line-height)? I can see in the browser-tools thing there’s a height: 100px; there, but can’t figure out how to over-ride it.

@ strikke… this is intersting! Where should I put the code so it becomes the default setting for all tiddles?

As you can see in the image, I created a tiddler and tagged it $:/tags/Stylesheet. In the tiddler you write:

.tc-tiddler-edit-frame textarea.tc-edit-texteditor { line-height:35px; }

Or what height you would like,

@Stobot,
Unfortunately I do not know, I have tried for years until I ran out of ideas to try out. I did see the same as you describe in the inspector.

Thanks so much! It just works without further conig!