[tw5] Creating a splash screen is a brutal experience

https://tiddlywiki.com/#Creating%20a%20splash%20screen

I finally got one working with the BASIC Anywhere Machine Programming Reference, but it took me way too long to figure out why the CSS animation wasn’t working (I still have no clue what the problem was.)

Very likely I couldn’t quite make heads or tails what \rules is for and which ones to apply, and what options there are, and how/where/when to put things.

I’m figuring there must be some pre-requisite knowledge needed to take a splash screen beyond just simple text.

Do I have any suggestions? Nope, because I don’t understand what I did to get things working, or why it does work when it wasn’t before…

Maybe that needs to be broken down into easy to follow “how-to” steps: 1,2,3…? And anything explaining the “technical” reasons/things (DOM etc.) needs to be put into a “technical info” subsection for those who want the technical details related to the steps?

I dunno. It just all seems way more difficult to setup a splash screen than it should.

It would be nice to just say “hey, this tiddler I’ve got right here, do your magic and show this as the splash screen.”

Something like that …