[tw5] CamelCase-Rules

Hi @all,

i am just try to understand, what are the conventions for CamelCase in TW? Is it a general “you’ve to start with a uppercase A-Z, and then there has to be a 2nd one anywhere”? Thanks for a short hint.

Cheers.

Hi,
As you wrote CamelCase it’s exactly that. … It depends on when you started using them.

There have been some discussions lately, if we should switch the flag for CamelCase links off by default. … At the moment the rule is on by default.

-mario

Hi PMario,

until now I didn’t used it, but I intend too. At the moment I am overhouling my TW-template, because the earlier tries where to half hearted.

To If you can tell me the current rules for 5.2.2, would be fine enought.

Thanks and cheers.

Skimped a little bit through the discussions around this topic. Is my impression right, that this feature doesn’t work as intended? It’s a little bit confusing, because the topic is spread in several threads and I am not so involved in this project, like it seems neccessary.

Thanks.

Maybe look here CamelCase and https://tiddlywiki.com/#How%20to%20turn%20off%20camel%20case%20linking.

It was in my old installations disabled. So I am aware of it. I simply wanted to give that feature a shot, but noticed, it works very inconsistent. So I think it’s best to view it as experimental. Would be a nice feature, but I need a reliable behaviour and not the 1st time left and next time right. :wink:

But thanks for the link.

It was in my old installations disabled. So I am aware of it. I simply wanted to give that feature a shot, but noticed, it works very inconsistent.

I don’t think it’s inconsistent. It’s a parser option and works in the exact same way as any other option like ‘‘bold’’, //italic// and so on.

So I think it’s best to view it as experimental.

It’s definitely not experimental. It probably works consistently since alpha 1. Same as bold and italic :wink:

The only thing is, that there is some discussion, if it should be ON by default. … If you started using wikitext in the “early days” you are probably used to it.

Would be a nice feature, but I need a reliable behaviour and not the 1st time left and next time right. :wink:

As I wrote. It is reliable.

-mario

That was the reason, why I asked for the rules. I couldn’t figure out, under wich rules. it works. In one case it reacted even with accent-chars, on others there was no reaction at all with the mix of lower and upper case A-Z / 0-9 only…