[tw5] A way of creating tiddler thumbnail views

Download the attached and drag into TiddlyWiki.com

This will add the “Thumbnail HelloThere” tiddler, which transcludes the HelloThere tiddler but displays it as a thumbnail (a pretty big thumb, but still small compared to normal size).

For the giggles, the new tiddler also shows in the sidebar.

Thumbnail HelloThere.json (486 Bytes)

2 Likes

If you want to disable the content in the DIV (i.e. have the content as display only), I think adding pointer-events: none; (as per the following modification) will do the trick:

<div style="-webkit-transform:scale(0.35);-moz-transform-scale(0.35);overflow:auto;width:500px;height:500px;border:1px solid blue;-moz-transform-origin: top left; -webkit-transform-origin: top left; -o-transform-origin: top left; -ms-transform-origin: top left; transform-origin: top left;pointer-events: none;">
<$transclude tiddler="HelloThere" mode="inline"/>
</div>
1 Like

Well, that last suggestion is probematic if one wants to allow scrolling in the thumbnail.

Just because I couldn’t let it go for supper break, I think attached is pretty cool for a thumbnail of content that allows scrolling without allowing clicking on any content.

Required double-DIV’s.

Thumbnail HelloThere.json (564 Bytes)

I messed around with your initial attachment to try to get something that could be used as a tiddler gallery, or a way to display tiddler thumbnails inside a PowerPoint-like presentation tool in TW. Here is what I got…

I attached my edited code if anyone wants to play around with it too

CJV-TiddlerThumbnails.json (1.07 KB)

Hot damn, Brian. You took a rough prototype and made something right frigging lovely, end result and organization of the background code.

That’s good stuff.

Just as cognitive helpers for stuff that, strangely, causes me some batpoop silly challenges.

I made just some minor tweaks, as per comments I added in the tiddler:

• added ability to scroll the thumbnail content
  • changed the link to a button, with a link emoji (just to remind me I can click on the thing) and a darker and bold font than the TiddlyWiki default
    • the button opens the tiddler in a modal; a moving story river annoys me, so modals help out

Next version: a transclusion mechanism to handle {{ [regexp[whatever]] || CJV Tiddler Thumbnails}} for any kind of valid filter.

Yeah, same thing could be done with a macro, but I prefer transclusion syntax for some reason. Don’t know why. I think, maybe, because when I read it left to right (“I want this thing, formatted this way”), it makes more sense to me than “I want this format applied to this thing”.

CJV Tiddler Thumbnails (Charlie Edition).json (1.63 KB)