TW text formatting for common social media. How?

So we do all this work chatting.

Would it not be good if I could …

• … post here in the default TW styling?

The point: to always be eating your own dogfood.

BUT. How could we get the right stylesheet used, here? to look like TiddlyWiki.com.

And, also, on The Git?

Just a question
TT

TW uses TiddlyWiki-Wikitext which is not compatible with Markdown, which has to be used here.

If it’s about the styling, I think we should put our energy into a new “more modern” and “slick” TW UI instead of messing with the forum UI here.

4 Likes

Okay. On this I’d contribute. Dimmi (let me know where and when).

I thought about this, we need Headless mode for browser or SSR · Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5 · Discussion #6590 · GitHub

1 Like

I have being studying for other Methods to use here and starting to understand what is possible in talk.tiddlywiki. It is quite broad, and underused.

I would see value in developing a proper tiddlywiki markdown standard and adding it to those available in pandoc because if we do this once we then allow for

(← = conversion from; → = conversion to; ↔︎ = conversion from and to)

All pandoc available forms become usable.

Note the Wiki section?, TiddlyWiki is not there;

Wiki markup formats on Pandoc

↔︎ MediaWiki markup
↔︎ DokuWiki markup
TikiWiki markup
TWiki markup
Vimwiki markup
XWiki markup
ZimWiki markup
↔︎ Jira wiki markup
Creole

We could also build an online converter ourselves in a plugin for between markdown and TiddlyWIki markdown at a minimum.

1 Like

That’s cool. Pandoc is written in Haskell We would need someone, who knows Haskell and the Pandoc project well enough to implement a new wiki-language. – Good luck.

2 Likes

Perhaps we can ask their community?

• To do so we need to prepare the documentation or requirments, although this may be of value for ourselves anyway.
  • We need to find a way to represent tiddlywiki script, which may be present such as how to deal with <<macros>>, <$widget etc…
    • Not so much to convert it but to isolate it, perhaps replace with code wrapper, or <!-- comments --> ?

I will investigate access to the pandoc community.

Starting with;

Of note, in TiddlyWiki we can see the Raw HTML preview of content in a tiddler preview, this can be copied to a tool that converts HTML to Markdow and other formats for example https://codebeautify.org/html-to-markdown.

• I have tested
    • talk.tiddlywiki to tiddlywiki into a markdown tiddler
    • TiddlyWiki HTML to Markdows that works here.

This may be a work around to meet the OT;

TW text formatting for common social media. How?

First you need to identify what the social media environment accepts, sometimes it will accept html, or content simply copied and pasted and it uses as much as it can.

I think that’s too narrow. I did create a cheatsheet plugin which shows more possibilities.

Pandoc formatting may stop at HTML Entities, but there needs to be a concept, what to do with pragmas, procedures and the like

1 Like

Agreed, I said;

Agreed I said;

1 Like