Tw server: disable some stuff from console output

I use the javascript console to help debugging all my devs on tiddlywiki server edition. Some reccurrent output is a nightmare for mi in that respect. Here is the output I’d like to turn off:

<empty string> syncer-browser-tiddlyweb: Retrieving skinny tiddler list <empty string> $:/core/modules/utils/logger.js:52:26
<empty string> syncer-browser-tiddlyweb: Checking dirty status <empty string>

Is that possible and how?

It would require a quick plugin to set it automatically on load in the browser, but in the mean-time you can use the Dev Console to disable the logger. Open the Dev Console (F12) once TW has loaded and type:

$tw.syncer.logger.enabled = false

Thank you @joshuafontany !

But it does not seem to furction so wel:

<empty string> syncer-browser-tiddlyweb: Retrieving skinny tiddler list <empty string> $:/core/modules/utils/logger.js:52:26
<empty string> syncer-browser-tiddlyweb: Checking dirty status <empty string> $:/core/modules/utils/logger.js:52:26
$tw.syncer.logger.enabled = false
false
<empty string> syncer-browser-tiddlyweb: Dispatching 'save' task: $:/StoryList <empty string>
(...)
<empty string> syncer-browser-tiddlyweb: Checking dirty status <empty string>

In fact, it seems to do nothing at all…

Workaround:

Prefix all YOUR messages with e.g. console.log("JYPRE: " + your_message) then filter the log accordingly.

It’s a bit “thud” as an old friend of mine would call it, but it works.

@CodaCoder Your idea is interesting but how can I put a filter within the javascript console output?

In Firefox, like this

That’s this page (the one you’re reading now). Note the “73 hidden”.

@CodaCoder Still a problem:

some text is filtered but then newer text that should be filtered keep appearing.

And I can’t see the normal debug text’ even if I click on the icon on the left of any log entry.

So I did a quick hijack of the console.log method:

console.LOG = function(s) { console.log("jypre: " + s) }

followed by a quick test:

console.LOG("codacoder")

And started navigating around talk.tiddlywiki.org and watched the “hidden” count growing. No new messages appeared (and see how I turned them ALL on)

1 Like

Ah. okay, you’re right. Eventually, server requests got through:

Oh well. I tried :confused:

@jypre I think the best way to get that fixed is to raise an issue at GitHub

just done it tonight.