TW-Receiver plugin issue

Hello everyone, fresh user here.

I have the TW-Receiver setup on Ubuntu, however Twiddlers don’t seem to be saving. Also, is there a way to protect unwanted twiddler to be added (i.e. password)?

Thank you,
Marek

OK, it seems to be saving now, however still would like to know how to protect against unwanted tiddlers, please!

Thank you,
Marek

Anyone?

When I originally looked at tiddlywiki, because of its simplicity I was hoping I can just throw it on aws s3 and get cloudfront linked up and voila. I have to do some more work :slight_smile:
Either way, original question still stands on the security. I’ve read that node.js provides additional security so that’s my next step.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Welcome to TW. There are a lot of different ways of serving you TW! Hopefully someone who knows stuff could shed some insight on an AWS setup.

Is this thread helpful?

https://talk.tiddlywiki.org/t/tiddlybucket-a-tiddlyweb-backend-that-directly-reads-tiddlers-from-aws-and-gcp-buckets/5292/11

1 Like

I am not sure what an “unwanted tiddler” is?

Could you try explaining it more?

Yes how do you have it set up? The whole point of the plugin is using PHP to only be able to save if you enter a password in the tiddlywiki configuration page. The password is put into the php configuration file.

Saving on tiddlywiki can seem a little daunting because there are so many methods. I used tw-receiver in the past for saving my not often used wikis as single html files. Now I use the web-dav method - I use nginx for my server and it allows you to set webdav in the configuration files along with password protection (basic auth) - and then I just symlink to another, non writable directory if I want to serve it publicly. Search webdav here - @saqimtiaz has shared a lot of really good information on this subject.

I use node.js for wikis that I am frequently updating. I use the auth switch in the server start command for public facing wikis and nginx’s basic auth for private ones. Nodejs version is great bc all the files are stored individually, but it can use quite a bit of RAM.